Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

boardgames!

Anybody using tabletop simulator? I got it last night in an attempt to play Gloomhaven. It works well but you need voice chat, which I have only just discovered.

It might still be on offer 50% off. It's quite impressive and there are loads of mods covering most games.

Anybody using tabletop simulator? I got it last night in an attempt to play Gloomhaven. It works well but you need voice chat, which I have only just discovered.

It might still be on offer 50% off. It's quite impressive and there are loads of mods covering most games.
that sounds awesome!

that sounds awesome!
It is pretty good. Its just a framework that lets you put whatever you want into it. It won't apply any rules or anything so you need to either know the game already or have a rule book (most are available on boardgamegeek). But there are loads of games available.

If you get it let me know.

It is pretty good. Its just a framework that lets you put whatever you want into it. It won't apply any rules or anything so you need to either know the game already or have a rule book (most are available on boardgamegeek). But there are loads of games available.

If you get it let me know.
I had a look on Steam. It sounds great, but it's £15 so I don't think I can afford it right now. Maybe it'll be in their summer sale.

Can you play on a Mac?

15058dd835496c2acceb81daf9d1c367.jpg

This is SO much fun! If you want a great, fast game for you and your partner I can highly recommend this!

5435c5bebb1a6cedddca84ab16a2dd21.jpg

New edition to the collection arrived today!

I went to a local boardgame club last week for the first time and played this, am just about to order it, thought it was really good. I also played Dominion which I didn't particularly like - the deck building mechanic is ace but the theme was meh, so I might look for a different deck builder or just break out my old vampire and netrunner CCGs idk. Third game I played was Dvonn (I think), one of the GIPF abstract games. Played a couple of games, they weren't long, 20minutes or so but it needs more than that to work out if there's a deep strategy or if it's quite shallow.

went back to the boardgame club this week and played:
codenames - not bad, not the kind of game I generally like as I'm non-neurotypical I find social type games don't often work but as word association it seemed fine, I was teamed with someone I'd never met, but of a similar age, and we won 2 and lost 1. Straightforward shortish game with some real thinking to it, I can see why its rated.

Forbidden Island - boiled down pandemic co-op, dull.

I thought I played a third game but i can't remember what so maybe I didn't.

What's this!? More board games you say?[emoji848][emoji6][emoji41]

3116cb5e12408dae67140bd62a02b046.jpg

f68cf1b049ff22dc62a6be54e441c335.jpg

d853529c2d8109303bf3b73969d50d25.jpg

3c3fa3ededf2ba06437e22a030a33617.jpg

Btw I can heartedly recommend Adrenaline and Ethnos! The former is a great FPS style shoot and run and the latter is a mix of Blood Rage and Ticket to Ride

Just played Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu

It's great. Obviously it's basically pandemic, but with enough changes to make it a properly different game - it's not just pandemic with lovecraft references.

Oh, apparently we cheated a bit

This evening I played "Chtulhu Wars" with some mates from work.

I can just about manage "Ticket to Ride", so the rules were a bit dizzying, but the quality of the game is amazing and it was lots of fun. :thumbs:

So what did we get for Christmas then?

I have Pandemic: Rising Tide (stopping Holland getting flooded) & Istanbul. The latter looked a bit too confusing for the state I was in last night. Finally noticing there was a set of rules in English as well as the German ones helped a bit.

Back
Top Bottom