Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

It looks like the horse is already bolting out of line from the others at that point. I don't think that's a controlled charge.

No, it wasn't a controlled charge don't think. Allegedly someone chucked a Boris bike at the horse's legs which sent it understandably mental. Police horses are very placid. They're trained to be, believe it or not.

I've seen them used to break up shit outside football grounds which I've no problem with, but they've no place at a peaceful protest.

And to pre-empt any potential colston bollockery posted:

Myths within myths…Edward Colston and that statue

In the light of recent moves to place a ‘corrective’ plaque on the statue of Edward Colston in the centre of Bristol and calls for it to be removed to a museum[1] it seems the time is right to investigate the origins of this monument and the claim emblazoned on it that it was:

Erected by citizens of Bristol as a memorial of one of the most virtuous and wise sons of their city

No, it wasn't a controlled charge don't think. Allegedly someone chucked a Boris bike at the horse's legs which sent it understandably mental. Police horses are very placid. They're trained to be, believe it or not.

I've seen them used to break up shit outside football grounds which I've no problem with, but they've no place at a peaceful protest.
Allegedly from whom? That really matters here before just repeating it. If it's from police sources, it is clearly worthless.

Allegedly from whom? That really matters here before just repeating it. If it's from police sources, it is clearly worthless.

Yes, I know it's the fucking Sun.

But bikes were apparently being hurled all over the show and there's pictorial evidence there.

NINTCHDBPICT000587692902.jpg

Yes, I know it's the fucking Sun.

But bikes were apparently being hurled all over the show and there's pictorial evidence there.

NINTCHDBPICT000587692902.jpg

So even the Sun are saying 'reportedly'. For the moment, it's just bollocks. And if you're saying 'allegedly' when what you mean is 'The Sun is saying that', please say the latter.

So even the Sun are saying 'reportedly'. For the moment, it's just bollocks. And if you're saying 'allegedly' when what you mean is 'The Sun is saying that', please say the latter.

Well, no it's on various other media sources, pick one. That was a thirty second google.

Believe me, I don't think horses should have been at a peaceful protest and I've no idea what led up to it. But as someone who was brought up with horses I know how fragile their legs are and to see shit like that is frankly fucking disgusting. There is no way that horse randomly started charging. Cop horses just don't do that unless something really fucking bad happens.

Well, no it's on various other media sources, pick one. That was a thirty second google.

Believe me, I don't think horses should have been at a peaceful protest and I've no idea what led up to it. But as someone who was brought up with horses I know how fragile their legs are to see shit like that is frankly fucking disgusting. There is no way that horse randomly started charging. Cop horses just don't do that unless something really fucking bad happens.
I'm not too bothered about your assumptions tbh. That 'something really bad' could have been anything. We don't know at the moment. And as someone who has been charged by police on horseback, I would say that the frankly fucking disgusting shit is the police charging on horseback, not the responses to it.

I know I sound like I'm having a go at you, but lies always get spread about this sort of stuff to discredit the protesters. It's important not to fall for them.

I'm not too bothered about your assumptions tbh. That 'something really bad' could have been anything. We don't know at the moment. And as someone who has been charged by police on horseback, I would say that the frankly fucking disgusting shit is the police charging on horseback, not the responses to it.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. The police didn't charge from all the footage I've seen.

If you can find me some, I'll all eyes.

btw I'm also for 'recontextualising' statues, except no-one ever thinks of doing it properly. Take it off the pedestal, put it in irons, hang in upside down from the feet and have someone shove cast bronze shit into its mouth, or some other regular and deliberately humiliating slave punishment. Then you can keep it. Otherwise, in the sea you go - or the river in this case.

Back
Top Bottom