Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

I wondered why all the comments seemed to be from right wing cunts. :)
Cause the loony left have whipped the not very well educated blacks up into a frenzy. Just to get a Democrat into power. All these self entitled wankers who have a chip on their shoulders

Cause the loony left have whipped the not very well educated blacks up into a frenzy. Just to get a Democrat into power. All these self entitled wankers who have a chip on their shoulders

wank.gif

The reactionary outpouring I've observed on twitter since BLM has been a proper eye opener even being used to outbursts from Robertsons Marmalade Racists like Scotty here.

Some of the collective frothing especially over the weekend Afrikan Emancipation Day march in South London - "TERRIFYING PARAMILITARIES!!1!!" has been truly beautiful in its over-the-top sense of panic. And they have the audacity to call the left 'snowflakes' and 'loonies'.

The reactionary outpouring I've observed on twitter since BLM has been a proper eye opener even being used to outbursts from Robertsons Marmalade Racists like Scotty here.

Some of the collective frothing especially over the weekend Afrikan Emancipation Day march in South London - "TERRIFYING PARAMILITARIES!!1!!" has been truly beautiful in its over-the-top sense of panic. And they have the audacity to call the left 'snowflakes' and 'loonies'.
Wasn't the frothing all triggered by Farage? I reckon he did the marchers a favour - without him they wouldn't have had any press coverage at all.

stethoscope Tottenham was lively! Stafford Scott an excellent compere as usual, pointing out that the police had closed the station today in co-operation with the protest in stark contrast to the closing down of discussion 9 years previously. A good history lesson - Broadwater Farm through to Mark Duggan.

It was about 50/50 black and white and maybe 200-300 people? One lane of the A10 completely blocked off. The other side down to one lane only.

Speakers included
  • the mother of that poor 12 year old kid who got spotted playing with a toy gun through the window of their home - who were then raided by armed police
  • several young speakers from 4frontproject in West London who were making banners for the protest yesterday when they found that a 14 year old boy on their estate was being arrested and intervened - which the police spectacularly failed to de-escalate like the twats they are.
  • a guy from Forever Family - the lot who marched through Brixton during the reparations march and gave Nigel Farage a heart attack. They've got big plans including a database of police officer's names, numbers etc which possibly will get them into GDPR hot water but let's see. (When Hackney Community Defence Association did this in the 1990s they were subject to a mysterious "burglary")
  • some relatives of those who died in police custody

"Even the white people are shouting 'fuck the police'!" was a nice thing to overhear.

A few anarcho-squatter faces from back in the day. Lots of SWP/SUTR and lone Sparts, Brixton Maoists, Fight Racism Fight Imperialism etc. I did not see any Nation of Islam this time (they were there at the last vigil outside Tottenham cop shop I went to).

Good protest support - bust cards, free food/water/suntan lotion, masks. Probably most people were wearing masks. I left about 3pm and it was still going strong.

The music was massively better than the small BLM thing on Stoke Newington common I went to.

Xtrplt pls :)

Extrapolate? An open invitation to hold forth about things on the internet?

It was a smaller way more local event at the height of lockdown (June) - much more socially distanced but pre-masks. There was no soundsystem but a rather braying woman insisted that we all played "something inside so strong" by Labi Siffre off youtube on our phones. I did not do this on the basis that it would sound shit and I didn't like her and all the phones would be out of synch anyway.

I expressed my misgivings to my partner about the event being dominated by irritating white middle class teacher-types. My partner is far more tolerant than I am and chided me for assuming that the woman was a teacher etc. At this point our daughter piped up that she had indeed been a teacher at her primary school and had irritated the piss out of her as a child. Ha!

It was a smaller way more local event at the height of lockdown (June) - much more socially distanced but pre-masks. There was no soundsystem but a rather braying woman insisted that we all played "something inside so strong" by Labi Siffre off youtube on our phones. I did not do this on the basis that it would sound shit and I didn't like her and all the phones would be out of synch anyway.

I expressed my misgivings to my partner about the event being dominated by irritating white middle class teacher-types. My partner is far more tolerant than I am and chided me for assuming that the woman was a teacher etc. At this point our daughter piped up that she had indeed been a teacher at her primary school and had irritated the piss out of her as a child. Ha!
TBH I was just wondering about what music was being played this time round, but your answer was a siren song to mine ears :D

✊

stethoscope Tottenham was lively! Stafford Scott an excellent compere as usual, pointing out that the police had closed the station today in co-operation with the protest in stark contrast to the closing down of discussion 9 years previously. A good history lesson - Broadwater Farm through to Mark Duggan.

It was about 50/50 black and white and maybe 200-300 people? One lane of the A10 completely blocked off. The other side down to one lane only.

Speakers included
  • the mother of that poor 12 year old kid who got spotted playing with a toy gun through the window of their home - who were then raided by armed police
  • several young speakers from 4frontproject in West London who were making banners for the protest yesterday when they found that a 14 year old boy on their estate was being arrested and intervened - which the police spectacularly failed to de-escalate like the twats they are.
  • a guy from Forever Family - the lot who marched through Brixton during the reparations march and gave Nigel Farage a heart attack. They've got big plans including a database of police officer's names, numbers etc which possibly will get them into GDPR hot water but let's see. (When Hackney Community Defence Association did this in the 1990s they were subject to a mysterious "burglary")
  • some relatives of those who died in police custody

"Even the white people are shouting 'fuck the police'!" was a nice thing to overhear.

A few anarcho-squatter faces from back in the day. Lots of SWP/SUTR and lone Sparts, Brixton Maoists, Fight Racism Fight Imperialism etc. I did not see any Nation of Islam this time (they were there at the last vigil outside Tottenham cop shop I went to).

Good protest support - bust cards, free food/water/suntan lotion, masks. Probably most people were wearing masks. I left about 3pm and it was still going strong.

The music was massively better than the small BLM thing on Stoke Newington common I went to.
All excellent - I really regret i wasn't there, as I'm sure some of my old HAPS comrades were there.
I like Stafford, he's a good guy and great to do this sorta stuff with

Back
Top Bottom