Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

Things look a little tasty in Glasgow, fash ie Rangers et al have got quite a large turnout at the point where the BLM rally was going to be held leading to cancellation of rally. Police now trying to contain the fash.
Won't be long till Police don their riot gear by the looks of it.

I agree with you somewhat but if there is that big a weight difference then if the guy receiving the punch died as a result of that fall it would require quite a bit of explaining why the the puncher hadn't opted for a palm strike over a knock out punch. I remember a case a few years back in my home town where someone was killed by a similar fall from one punch during a pub altercation. I reckon the puncher got around 4 years.

I felt bad for cheering the natural justice when I saw this. Although you can see the role luck plays, two paces further back and the twat with more ego and coke than fighting skills could have landed With head on the edge of the kerb round the traffic Island, probably good night at that point. Cracking punch though.

massive turnout at leeds blm demo - very young, very diverse - several thousand for sure. def not the usual lefty crowd.
There were 2-300 fash + hangers on at the leeds war memorial. lots of police on standby. nothing much happening aggo wise with the master race - but i had to leave early cos i had the kids with me.

massive turnout at leeds blm demo - very young, very diverse - several thousand for sure. def not the usual lefty crowd.
There were 2-300 fash + hangers on at the leeds war memorial. lots of police on standby. nothing much happening aggo wise with the master race - but i had to leave early cos i had the kids with me.

What did you think of it? Where do you think it can go from here? There were a bunch of speakers as well, be interesting to know who they were as well. Guardian reckoned 10,000 in Leeds.

What did you think of it? Where do you think it can go from here? There were a bunch of speakers as well, be interesting to know who they were as well. Guardian reckoned 10,000 in Leeds.

I was at the back with tired and hot young kids so didnt hear much of what was being said or stay that long. but the numbers who turned out, their youth and their diversity was very heartening. Could have been ten thousand - probably the biggest demo ive seen in leeds - bigger even than the anti war ones.

I was at the back with tired and hot young kids so didnt hear much of what was being said or stay that long. but the numbers who turned out, their youth and their diversity was very heartening. Could have been ten thousand - probably the biggest demo ive seen in leeds - bigger even than the anti war ones.

Yeah, just struggling to imagine where it can go though. Demands? Actions? The stuff here seems much more vague than the US with the defund the police stuff.

The kids are alright aren’t they. And this will be a sort of coming of age moment for loads of them, not just in UK, but these demos are on a totally different scale to the stuff I grew up with, criminal justice act and all that, this is bringing in a so much broader range of people.

Seems to be a big support for George Floyd protests and BLM on Tik Tok.

I only know this after my daughter brought this up yesterday. Her and her pals have been discussing events though there may be some misinformation going around on it as she said something about certain states in America allowing police to have sexual contact with people in custody :facepalm:

Seems to be a big support for George Floyd protests and BLM on Tik Tok.

I only know this after my daughter brought this up yesterday. Her and her pals have been discussing events though there may be some misinformation going around on it as she said something about certain states in America allowing police to have sexual contact with people in custody :facepalm:
No she’s right. In a large number of states you can say that the locked up woman consented.
Spend less time on youtube & listen to your daughter more. 👍

Last edited:
The kids are alright aren’t they. And this will be a sort of coming of age moment for loads of them, not just in UK, but these demos are on a totally different scale to the stuff I grew up with, criminal justice act and all that, this is bringing in a so much broader range of people.
i agree...and this is why the talk of a rising tide of black nationalism (see other thread) feels particularly off the mark

Won't be long till Police don their riot gear by the looks of it.

I wonder why they turned their attentions to the lad with the ill fitting shorts riding the bike? You can it see at the beginning? He just looked like he was on getting his 1 hour of state sanctioned exercise.

Last edited:
Nationalism rearing it's ugly head in North Wales as well.

Back
Top Bottom