Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

Hope they are scrap men rather than actual Colston fans ( if there is such a thing)
The pete-trego wannabe with the scaffolding pole has had a busy year. January he was all over the internet for getting a mate to down not one, but two 70cl bottles of vodka (at work), june he's in national papers for inept-right-wing-salvage-historical inquiry, and yesterday he's coked up on top of the colston plinth all over local media.

This article seems to sum up events quite neatly.

Bunch of beer’d up football hooligan and far right thugs using the pretext of defending British heritage for their thuggish jollies.

Absolute morons.

Although I have political disagreements with them I follow the Malcolm X Movement on Twitter (and they follow me) . What they did was extremely brave , about 100-200 of them marched from Hyde Park to go to their designated meeting point at Trafalgar Square. The square is occupied by the DFLA and the far right, They stood their ground for over two hours facing sporadic attacks by the fash and giving them somewhat more than the fash expected. Its them in the photo that deliver the injured party to the Police. they get joined by others , mainly young people from estates who finally evade the Police cordon . The fash end up retreating through injuries and after 5 o clock limit they march out of the Police cordon to Waterloo Station and then are engaged by and engage with more fash along with a small group of anti fash.Riot police step in an arrests follow.
As I say I've got political differences with them but I cant help but admire their bravery and organisation.

An interesting analysis of the day Steps. From what I’ve seen:

• The absence of any counter demonstration worthy of the name gave the DLFA and friends the run of London. Fair play to the group you follow but where was everyone else?
  • Having been allowed a free run the DLFA didn’t know what to do with it, and ended up in a ruck with the police in the absence of anything else to do (and no doubt because of their analysis that the police have sided with the opposition).
  • Overall they’ll have learnt that they can assemble without significant opposition, but also that their systematic failure of organisation - manifested here by the failure to effectively steward their way in and out of areas - leaves them vulnerable to a few being picked off
  • I did laugh at reports at the reports from ‘Waterloo’. The proverbial ‘bogey ground’ for them....

Last edited:
If you square up to someone, especially someone that much bigger than you, you have to accept the consequences. To do that you need to be confident in your ability or very drunk.
I agree with you somewhat but if there is that big a weight difference then if the guy receiving the punch died as a result of that fall it would require quite a bit of explaining why the the puncher hadn't opted for a palm strike over a knock out punch. I remember a case a few years back in my home town where someone was killed by a similar fall from one punch during a pub altercation. I reckon the puncher got around 4 years.

• The absence of any counter demonstration worthy of the name gave the DLFA and friends the run of London. Fair play to the group you follow but where was everyone else?
  • Having been allowed a free run the DLFA didn’t know what to do with it, and ended up in a ruck with the police in the absence of anything else to do (and no doubt because of their analysis that the police have sided with the opposition).
  • Overall they’ll have learnt that they can assemble without significant opposition, but also that their systematic failure of organisation - manifested here by the failure to effectively steward their way in and out of areas - leaves them vulnerable to a few being picked off
  • I did laugh at reports at the reports from ‘Waterloo’. The proverbial ‘bogey ground’ for them....
I wonder what the absence of pubs did to their usual plans

The DFLA last night not only blamed blamed infiltrators but one cut and paste from their admin named the EDL and TR supporters specifically. Now whilst this in many ways is typical back peddling and an attempt at deflection to make out that they are somehow victims themselves there was some evidence on other sites and tweets of some unhappiness with the appearance of more hard core fash. I'm never sure how many of these vets are actual vets but one vet posted that his lot were leaving having peacefully stood by a statue to leave the Police to arrest the hooligans that had wrecked the day. Golding and Britain First got into an argument with some protestors who told them to leave as they weren't welcome.Others singing Oh Tommy Tommy were also argued with. Now this is London where traditionally the DFLA have held some sway and claimed a hegemonic monopoly of small groups of football gangs, aside from Birmingham they don't have much.

The Newcastle protests which led to horses being brought in is pretty much NE Infidels a hard core of long-standing far right and some vets who for what ever reason see a threat to memorials. . Even there they didn't have it all their own way. Bolton where there was some fighting is mainly those around TR plus a softer periphery also saw a bizarre moment where two black guys walked to the front and shook hands with the opponents leading to a temporary stand off before scuffles ensured. Manchester ,where the motley and confused core is of ex Goddardites ( now that he has thrown himself in with Mark Collett plus Britain First/TR attracted some new faces around the statues but suffered a total humiliation when they were attacked by a large group of young Wrexham supporters.

I suspect that these events are going to see at the same time an opportunity for the far right to grow, implode and to be confronted but its very much on a regional basis.

:hmm:

You know it’s an apocalyptic year when Winston Churchill becomes a minimalist sculpture, cowardly wankers refuse to surrender to a Hyde Park picnic, Wrexham are trending on twitter after their fans smacked a few fascists around Manchester, and a man in somewhere like Braintree has had a dark night of the soul, too terrified to sleep despite a terrible supermarket lager hangover, knowing that he’s on the verge of being a tabloid / far right hate figure.

Somehow I don’t think the defence “I was too pissed to see PC Palmer’s memorial” will be enough to avoid a few months in Belmarsh.

I agree with you somewhat but if there is that big a weight difference then if the guy receiving the punch died as a result of that fall it would require quite a bit of explaining why the the puncher hadn't opted for a palm strike over a knock out punch. I remember a case a few years back in my home town where someone was killed by a similar fall from one punch during a pub altercation. I reckon the puncher got around 4 years.
Palm strikes are dangerous too, they just look to the uninitiated like they're harmless. And you'll often find the uninitiated on a jury

Last edited:

TBF its a bit much to say that they "ended up in a ruck with the police"; they were rowing before 1130.

:hmm:

You know it’s an apocalyptic year when Winston Churchill becomes a minimalist sculpture, cowardly wankers refuse to surrender to a Hyde Park picnic, Wrexham are trending on twitter after their fans smacked a few fascists around Manchester, and a man in somewhere like Braintree has had a dark night of the soul, too terrified to sleep despite a terrible supermarket lager hangover, knowing that he’s on the verge of being a tabloid / far right hate figure.

Somehow I don’t think the defence “I was too pissed to see PC Palmer’s memorial” will be enough to avoid a few months in Belmarsh.
1592129344221.png

It was always going to be a short fight, but wtf was Mr Shirtless thinking? One arm is on the guy's chest, behind his opponents fists, and with the other one he's trying to launch a punch from somewhere near his hip. Textbook hook from Giganto, who's clearly practiced a bit, he pops his elbow up and follows through with it like a champ.

Back
Top Bottom