Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

I'm looking now and I can't see any video with a knife - there's a few with people saying they have a knife, but that's all. Fairly sure there isn't one cause it would be literally everywhere by now.
Don’t know if it would everywhere tbh , this vid has taken a day to even end up here . Like I said I was browsing . There might be a local Police report or tweet if there were any arrests ? Or some formal statement by the Council or local cllr if they felt their was a cohesion issue ?

Don’t know if it would everywhere tbh , this vid has taken a day to even end up here . Like I said I was browsing . There might be a local Police report or tweet if there were any arrests ? Or some formal statement by the Council or local cllr if they felt their was a cohesion issue ?
the main video has been viewed more than 2 million times, and there's a lot of chat about it on the internet - but the only vids or images showing anything that looks like a knife that are the ones Fridge posted up there, and it's the attackers holding them - could it be those?

Before you rush into judgement in your normal cack handed way I wish to make it clear that like you I wasn’t there . Just reporting on videos that I’d briefly seen.
I'm not rushing or being "cack handed" I was asking if you had personally seen a video with a knife as I haven't that's all.
Have you seen one?

He looks about 14 in the vid, I don't imagine he did know. All the protestors telling him to get down did though I guess.

Anyway, I'd missed that so thanks - something organisers of these actions need to be more on top of in future IMO.
If you want to burn a flag buy your own.Though as you tube shows it's not as easy as you think.

I'm not rushing or being "cack handed" I was asking if you had personally seen a video with a knife as I haven't that's all.
Have you seen one?
does that justify the mob?
That's a bit cack-handed really. He didn't imply there was any justification for the mob so why ask him that? Just ask him if he's seen the video.

Well some BLM protestor climbed on the cenotaph and tried to set light to one of the flags. Don't know if he even knows how disrespectful that is.Thats stirred a lot more anger than the Churchill statue.
well round our way, local punks having lots of fun . burning some old cloth. whats wrong with that.

Last edited:
the main video has been viewed more than 2 million times, and there's a lot of chat about it on the internet - but the only vids or images showing anything that looks like a knife that are the ones Fridge posted up there, and it's the attackers holding them - could it be those?
Possibly. The first time I saw a vid I thought it was connected to them winning the league . Then someone posted up a video saying it was in Oldham but I was sure it was Coventry. There was loads of diff comments , then searched for the video again and it was Coventry not Oldham then there was a link to the knife allegations . Havent seen anything else about it till it popped up here i
Very often if there’s been an incident especially on social media that causes too many local rumours or issues with community cohesion there’s a statement .

edit. There’s an investigation according to that article so there won’t be anything until that’s completed .

Last edited:
Possibly. The first time I saw a vid I thought it was connected to them winning the league . Then someone posted up a video saying it was in Oldham but I was sure it was Coventry. There was loads of diff comments , then searched for the video again and it was Coventry not Oldham then there was a link to the knife allegations . Havent seen anything else about it till it popped up here i
Very often if there’s been an incident especially on social media that causes too many local rumours or issues with community cohesion there’s a statement .
I'd say there's definitely some community cohesion issues there tbh.

I think most people would see that as a loaded question. Not wanting to cause a row, just saying, that's all.
It was a reaction to what read like certainty in the post they made and not having seen such footage personally.
If people are going to make such claims they should really be able to back them up no?
"Hard to know what exactly happened but one of those chased had a knife on other vids "

Well some BLM protestor climbed on the cenotaph and tried to set light to one of the flags. Don't know if he even knows how disrespectful that is.Thats stirred a lot more anger than the Churchill statue.

To be fair not letting people fuck with the Cenotaph is something previous large scale protest movements have had to learn as well. It happened at the students protests in 2010, and a decade earlier at the Mayday protests.

Well my reaction ito the removal of Gone with the Wind is one of confusion tbh. I'd have been more impressed if HBO had put some money into a new series that tackled police racism in the States or a historical anti racist campaign.

Apparently it’s now got record sales in BluRay, DVD and streaming now.

I’ve not seen this film before - what is the particular objection to it as clearly this HBO removal seems to have had the reverse effect?

Back
Top Bottom