Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Black Lives Matter demos and protests UK, 2020-2021

Apparently it’s now got record sales in BluRay, DVD and streaming now.

I’ve not seen this film before - what is the particular objection to it as clearly this HBO removal seems to have had the reverse effect?

What do you mean reverse effect?

and with whom?

it a famous movie for being the first in techno colour and was not completely forgotten by public consensus

are the trump fans you follow on youtube suddenly singing its praises? so you think that increase peoples awareness of the movie?

Last edited:

I’ve not seen this film before - what is the particular objection to it as clearly this HBO removal seems to have had the reverse effect?

It's being removed temporarily. Then it's coming back with a bit of common sense context. To explain why it's controversial.

I'm sure you can relate to that.

Interesting twitter thread with replies by the conservator working on the recovered Colsten statue, including a magazine found inside and a query from a member of the public as to whether a cheaper material than bronze might have been used to save money.

Is she really taking the paint off, polishing and sanitising it? That's destroying history, that is. While I think it should have remained in the river, with a plaque, I can understand putting it in a museum. Pretending that what happened, didn't, and polishing off the paint, seaweed and years of crud is just wrong.

Is she really taking the paint off, polishing and sanitising it? That's destroying history, that is. While I think it should have remained in the river, with a plaque, I can understand putting it in a museum. Pretending that what happened, didn't, and polishing off the paint, seaweed and years of crud is just wrong.
She says in the thread they're keeping the paint

I hate reading twitter threads, but she seems to be saying it needs immediate conservation with a toothbrush because it's smelly. Maybe she just wanted 5 minutes of fame.

Slavery wasnt that bad and the South were just a bit misguided. It's basically the lost cause in technicolor. Wonderful to look at complete rascist hogwash though.

Sadiq Khan and BLM well and truly shot their fox. Kicking off already they want to break through to hug Boris.

Back
Top Bottom