Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best death scene in a movie

JT Walsh getting a truck dropped on his head in Breakdown.

South African baddie (remember when it was ok to just hate south africans because they were south africans) getting a container dropped on his head in Lethal Weapon 2.

Journo getting a bit of church spire dropped on his head in Hot Fuzz.

Generally anybody getting offed by having heavy stuff dropped on their heads.:cool:

Paul Newman scene (which is so brilliant i wont reveal) in Torn Curtain by Hitchcock.

Light years scarier than Marian Crane in psycho - the Torn Curtain one is best one of all time IMO.

gabi said:
Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner... lotta cool death scenes in that actually... but rutger's topped em...

i have seen things you people wouldn't beleive
attack ships burning at tennhausser gate
moon-beams, glisstening in the dark, off the shoulder of orion
all these memories
will be lost in time
like tears,
in rain.

dylanredefined said:
Blade runner is cool .No one mentions leon "for matildha ":) .

Oh yes, that's the one, death-o. :)

Also Scarface

And also Rutger in Bladerunner, my quote was a vote.

Seems that some people think a good movie death should be a jolly good gore-fest, which is fair enough.

I'm of the opinion that a good death scene should bring a tear to your eye, and yet make you feel kind of inspired, deeply touched sort of thing.

The double-suicide in House of Sand and Fog was magnificently sad, my girlfriend was inconsolable.:)

Seems that some people think a good movie death should be a jolly good gore-fest, which is fair enough.

I'm of the opinion that a good death scene should bring a tear to your eye, and yet make you feel inspired, sort of thing.

The double-suicide in House of Sand and Fog was magnificently sad, my girlfriend was inconsolable.:)

platoon i think

where he falls to his knees

platoon.jpg

Dillon's death on Predator is pretty good. Laser shot amputates right arm, Dillon struggles to grab spare gun with the other arm but unfortunately for him the predator reaches him beforehand and impales him with his forearm-mounted twin serrated blades.

foreigner said:
Seems that some people think a good movie death ishould be a jolly good gore-fest, which is fair enough.

I'm of the opinion that a good death scene should bring a tear to your eye, and yet make you feel kind of inspired, deeply touched sort of thing.

If that's what you want, the death scene in Elvira Madigan fills the bill. Or, with creep factor thrown in, 'Night, Mother.

i was persuaded to go see saw 3 at the cinema a while back, despite having not seen the first two and really not liking these nu-teenslasher movies.

as a film its fairly terrible, but if you like that sort of thing theres some really elaborate and gratuitous death scenes which had me laughing at the ridiculousness of the level of gore. the final death sees the guy get every one of his limbs slowly twisted 360% in a specially built death machine, lovely.

RenegadeDog said:
The Omen:

Sheet of glass chopping guy's head off
Vicar getting impaled by the vane from the top of the church
Guy getting chopped in half buy the cables in the lift.

:cool:

... maid hanging herself at the birthday party...

Some top choices here:cool:

How about the massacre at the end of The Wild Bunch? Slo-mo carnage, some guy (Ernest Borgnine?) being shot and being told, "Get up yer lazy bastard!", and Warren Oates at the machine gun...

Voight in Anaconda
Kevin Spacey in L.A Confidential
Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea
Edwina in Chicken Run
Boromir in LotR (My captain.....my king...:( )

Harry Potter when he gets put through the industrial mincing machine very slowly by Bloblust the grand wazzock at the end of his next and final film.:)

Back
Top Bottom