Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

My skin has looked really old lately and that'll be because it is really old.
Anyway I have been using some free samples of this that I got a couple of years ago. It's great and makes my skin look loads better but it's £65 :eek: I wish I'd never seen it as I'll never afford it :(

31lDcgjEcQL.jpg

TBS_Serum1.png

they claim if you use this in the night-Time you wake up looking like you had a good 8 hours sleep. I have been using it for a couple of months since a friend got some freebies at the London Fashion Show and I must admit it seems to do the trick, when I run out I will definitely be buying one... bodyshop often do 40% off :)

Last edited:
I use that sometimes. It's good. Their overnight bouncy sleep mask of whatever it's called is also excellent.

My skin has looked really old lately and that'll be because it is really old.
Anyway I have been using some free samples of this that I got a couple of years ago. It's great and makes my skin look loads better but it's £65 :eek: I wish I'd never seen it as I'll never afford it :(

31lDcgjEcQL.jpg

Shirl - have you tried looking on ebay for it? I've just bought some No 7 lift and luminate eye cream and night cream from ebay at HALF the usual price!!!

Be careful with eBay for cosmetics, there's lots of fakes. I bought some benefit concealer that was some cheap crap, shoved in a benefit pot and smoothed over. The scamming bastards refunded quickly but I'd be nervous about putting potentially dodgy products on my sensitive skin.

I've recently started using BeneFit Big Easy, which is a BB-cream type base - feels really nice on and keeps skins feeling soft all day, good light-medium coverage for people who don't want something industrial strength.

Does anyone want a free mascara? Max Factor False Lash Effect, brown/black, waterproof. It came in a box of free stuff that my nan gave me but I won't use it (wrong colour).

Ms T sojourner anyone else really.

First in! It's yours :)

We're going to the Escher exhibition in Dulwich on Tuesday, could meet up if you're around and would like?

I would love to go do something so lovely and cultural but I'll be in Butlins ... :oops:

I have a no. 7 blush stick thing in a sort of pinky shade that I also got given as part of a freebie set if you would like it in exchange? otherwise - anyone else?

Ok - been idly waiting for someone to bump this thread.

I want recommendations for bomb-proof eyebrow makeup. Not eyebrow tinting - I need to give the impression of filling in where the hair is sparse. I've tried Benefit brow zings, blinc, MAC, and a couple of cheapies. Any others I should be trying that will last at least 12 hours?
Did you find something?
I use sleek which is a wax then powder. Haven't tested longevity tho so suspect it's inadequate.
I've now paid attention and my eyebrows are still there 24 hours later. :cool:

I have been missing your updates Ms T! What skincare products are you using atm?

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm because it's the best
The Sanctuary Hot Cloth cleanser - ok but prefer the Uma Brennan rose cleanser
Pixiglow Tonic
Medik8 Retinol Tr6
Medik8 Vitamin C antioxidant serum - really nice
Pixi Overnight Glow Serum - recommend this one too
Body Shop Vitamin E serum in oil - another favourite

Not all at the same time and there are others but these are some current favourites. :)

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm because it's the best
The Sanctuary Hot Cloth cleanser - ok but prefer the Uma Brennan rose cleanser
Pixiglow Tonic
Medik8 Retinol Tr6
Medik8 Vitamin C antioxidant serum - really nice
Pixi Overnight Glow Serum - recommend this one too
Body Shop Vitamin E serum in oil - another favourite

Not all at the same time and there are others but these are some current favourites. :)

Thank you. I started a routine a while back but have run out of stuff and got out of the habit. I find the choice overwhelming, it's so much easier to follow recommendations :)

Mr K got me a gift set of Caudalie stuff and now I'm totally addicted to their face sorbet moisturiser. It's the most lovely cooling soothing stuff.

Can I get recommendations for under eye concealers please? :)

Very sensitive skin, sometimes flaky round the eyes.

Can I get recommendations for under eye concealers please? :)

Very sensitive skin, sometimes flaky round the eyes.

I really love Clinique for this kind of thing, and their products tend to last forever. They are also very good about samples and would certainly give you some to try before you buy in case it did irritate your skin. At the moment I am veering between buying their All About Eyes concealer, or their Airbrush Concealer. The airbrush one is more like a Touche Eclat, so more versatile, but I like the idea of something especially for my eyes since it's such a fragile part of the face.

Having used up all my free samples and given up hope of ever being able to afford Dior, I've gone right down market and bought some Nivea serum and anti age day creme.
I'm hoping for a bloody miracle :rolleyes:

Shiseido Ibuki Eye Correcting Cream - makes you look like you got some sleep if you didnt
Shishedo Ibuki Protective Moisturizer - I alternate this with L'occitane Creme Divine
Clarins Double Serum
Anything from the Soley range but not sure you can get it outside of Iceland.

Cool mint I think. I nearly bought the whitening but went for the 2 for a fiver offer.

Really late to reply to this but I've just started using Listerine's Gum Protection (or gum something or another) mouthwash. It specifically says it's rated for low or no staining. I use in conjunction with Sensodyne Pronamel Whitening toothpaste. Only been using them both for a couple of weeks, and even then I don't use the mouthwash daily.

Back
Top Bottom