Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

My mind must be playing tricks on me because that is more or less the sticker that I thought I remembered.
I have an extensive sticker/leaflet/badge collection ...left and right..I do remember the common enemy slogan from my days on delegations to Belfast. But whats the issue..thats how it was then..As Im having a clear out Ill look out of curiosity..

I'm not saying I have an issue with the sticker; not said any thoughts on the political message. I was just shocked at how overt the message is. I didn't realise Red Action's support for the IRA was so public.

I'd like to see that sticker collection though! Get it catalogued on flikr!

If you ever manage to read any of the Red Action Newspapers, you'd see that support for Irish Republicanism was pretty overt. There were always articles on Support for POWs, reviews of the Belfast delegations etc etc.

The best issue/front cover was probably "Pat Hayes tells Old Bailey.....I Am A Volunteer in the Irish Republican Army".

Would be nice to see these again if anyone has them as PDFs.

I've actually got my hands on a number of them today. I knew Irish republicanism was important to RA but what I didn't know was that support for a specific organisation, the IRA, was public.

I recently found that I still have a couple of pages of the said sticker. My favourite though is the t shirt with
'Buy Red Action or the trendy lefty gets it'. You can visualise the caricatures of armed RA member and leftie that appeared on it.

I really want that t shirt!

There really should be a tumblr or flikr to catalogue stickers. There is a blog for stickers in Manchester.

Not read it but Baron is a loathsome racist scumbag with very clear links to the far-right
his website is ridiculous and includes his 'comedy sketches' and we use the term very loosely and his sonnets. self-aggradising eejit. he did a review of No Retreat as well but i cant find it. he names names! its not the same guy who wrote The Lowlife tho.

his website is ridiculous and includes his 'comedy sketches' and we use the term very loosely and his sonnets. self-aggradising eejit. he did a review of No Retreat as well but i cant find it. he names names! its not the same guy who wrote The Lowlife tho.
Did he..sure your not thinking of Rushton

I remember those "For the IRA" stickers being stuck on lamp posts around Green Lanes/Finsbury Park when I lived there in the 80s/90s.

I have an extensive sticker/leaflet/badge collection ...left and right..I do remember the common enemy slogan from my days on delegations to Belfast. But whats the issue..thats how it was then..As Im having a clear out Ill look out of curiosity..

dont bin it for fex sake!

Back
Top Bottom