Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

is "wear an old band t-shirt" day old enough that it could get into gigs and buy its own shite t-shirt yet?
wish they'd retire this.

is "wear an old band t-shirt" day old enough that it could get into gigs and buy its own shite t-shirt yet?
wish they'd retire this.

It's 15 so you could bring it along as it's parent/guardian but you'd better not buy it a sneaky pint!

Proper pish indie and emo playlists after midnight. (I listen to the radio on quiet while trying to get to sleep.) The definition of indie seems to stretch to U2, Coldplay and Neil Diamond.

God. Bring back Keaveney. Craig Charles has me reaching for the mute button as soon as his smug, creepy voice starts talking over the music. Just awful.

On now 0500-0600 31Dec

Ambient focus
A special mix by Japanese music expert Nick Luscimbe in Tokyo

Is a very soothing listen

Last edited:
Was also nice to hear Jarvis at Peel Acres a few mins ago- there's a lovely bit when he is describing his visit to Occasions Nightclub in Sheffield.

Listened to Steve Lamacq’s ‘ great songs from the 80s that you never hear on the radio now’…
Sadly this year far too many of the choices are frequently, and regularly played on the radio.
Apart from the Kane Gang’s ‘Closest Thing to Heaven’ I don’t think there was one track that I could genuinely say I hadn’t heard for ages.
Disappointing
Hopefully it’ll be better for the 90s next week…

Listened to Steve Lamacq’s ‘ great songs from the 80s that you never hear on the radio now’…
Sadly this year far too many of the choices are frequently, and regularly played on the radio.
Apart from the Kane Gang’s ‘Closest Thing to Heaven’ I don’t think there was one track that I could genuinely say I hadn’t heard for ages.
Disappointing

Expect more 90s indie landfill than you can shake a shitty stick at.

Disappointing
I bet you £50 he played Furniture- Brilliant Mind

Back
Top Bottom