Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Iggy's last show for a while apparently, wonder who is taking it on?

Surely not Kershaw...

eta: he's still on the schedule for next Sunday. 🤷🏻‍♂️

having had a turn visiting everywhere in the UK now, the 6 Music Festival is being hosted in Manchester again this year.

I'm being facetious. is there anywhere left that has enough venues of suitable size, etc that's missed out on playing host?
not counting the possibilities of doing other corners of London like they did with Camden 2020

having had a turn visiting everywhere in the UK now, the 6 Music Festival is being hosted in Manchester again this year.

I'm being facetious. is there anywhere left that has enough venues of suitable size, etc that's missed out on playing host?
not counting the possibilities of doing other corners of London like they did with Camden 2020
`Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Nottingham, Brighton, Swansea, Edinburgh. And several others. Lazy 6 Music fuckers.

The problem is entwined with the collapse of local music scenes across the country. 6Music needs one big venue which isn't an O2; and then at least three smaller venues with c.300 capacity. That's rare as rocking horse shit these days.

What I love about Riley is his habit of randomly playing a Jacques Brel song. I bloody love Brel (fans tend to be rather passionate) and everything stops round mine when this happens. Mathilde not long ago was most welcome.

I was reminiscing with Mr K just the other morning how I used to listen to Chris Evans' breakfast show on BBC2 (ffs) because Shaun Keaveney was on 6. That's how much I hate him, that I would rather have Evans on the radio even though Evans is also a massive, massive cunt.

So I'm glad Keaveney isn't on 6 anymore.
Sure I heard his dulcet tones on R4 this morning at around 10AM- made me think of this thread.

I rarely tune into 6 these days as it's actually got even worse since Keaveney left. This morning it's one of them, radcliffe or maconie, occasionally playing a song after 10 minutes of 'hilarious' stories from listeners about their memories of playing Monopoly as kids.

The morning after mix

Daniel Avery two hour set from Ramona at 6 music festival

Cracking start to the day, worth a listen, throwing a few goosebumps moments in for me

They just played the same song twice in 20 mins. Feel like someone might get in trouble for that.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to appreciate how good Don Letts' show is. I'm currently listening to the latest episode. It's certainly not leaving my subwoofer redundant.

It's featured 3 songs from the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir which is outstanding. It also featured a mix which was top quality. Lots of dub. Aretha Franklin.

I only wish it was on more frequently.

Last bit of Marc Riley's show seemed to be a repeat tonight for some reason? Serious sense of de ja vu listening to the American correspondent.

I like Riley's show and listen to it a lot but I will much prefer Tom's taste in music and the little I heard of Deb I've liked as well.

Time for a change unfortunately.

Bit of a hodge podge though isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom