Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I don't mind either of them.

I had to switch off on Thursday and listen to Spotify instead though. The 80s are not my thing. I have to put up with it quite regularly cos it is the OH's thing. Could not do a whole day.

I look forward to Craig Charles' show when wfh.

I don't pay a lot of attention to the time machine thing, but his trunk of punk is the highlight of my wfh day.

Marc Riley is better though.
Some bits are ok, but a lot of it just feels like lazy radio to me. His Saturday show is much better.

I preferred Shaun Keaveny (when I eventually got his style) and still listen to his patreon thing, but that’s only once a week.

Some bits are ok, but a lot of it just feels like lazy radio to me. His Saturday show is much better.

I preferred Shaun Keaveny (when I eventually got his style) and still listen to his patreon thing, but that’s only once a week.
I liked Keaveny too.

The Saturday show is good, but not really my "genre" if that doesn't sound too pretentious.

Oh we all love Keaveny now you've hounded him off :mad: I said it was a terrible idea but you were all torches and pitchforks and now look where we are.
I think keaveny was only good in the morning. Once he got to the afternoon he lost his (enjoyable) dour demeanour.

Does anyone actually enjoy listening to Iggy Pop's show? To me it's all growly mumble mumble mumble, followed by a bit of music, followed by more growly mumble mumble.

Surely I can't be alone in finding him the most irritating of DJs. I usually just switch off when he's on.

Really enjoyed listening to Bill Nighy covering for Guy Garvey yesterday, good selection of soul, blues etc..
About time GG got the band out on the road again , let Bill have a few more wweeks covering.
Or maybe give GG the elbow ( no pun intended)?

I'm at home today and no meetings so have had 6 on all day. Celebration of the noughties, so a whole decade of songs they probably don't normally play and they have just duplicated two from this morning.

Huey just played a nice run of hip hop tracks starting with a track that sampled The Message.
yeah that half hour smashed it

the one you mention btw is Players by Coi Leray. like it, but have heard heard maybe a bit too often.
this might mark a rare occasion of Morgan playing something off the station playlist willingly that he actually likes rather than "here's one they're making me include for the quota".

Back
Top Bottom