Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I hope Riley and Coe don't try to be funny. I find the mix on Coe's show quite good to fall asleep to. A couple of old men dicking about not so much.

Really pissed off about Marc Riley being pushed back to 10.00pm. His show is my evening listening.
The idea of a new music only show isn’t bad per se. I’ll give it a go. But if it’s all dance and Electronica I may have to start watching telly again.
Where exactly do repeats of old John Peel sessions from the late 70s fit into this? Surely that is R6’s raison d’etre?

Really pissed off about Marc Riley being pushed back to 10.00pm. His show is my evening listening.
The idea of a new music only show isn’t bad per se. I’ll give it a go. But if it’s all dance and Electronica I may have to start watching telly again.
Where exactly do repeats of old John Peel sessions from the late 70s fit into this? Surely that is R6’s raison d’etre?

Oh is it new music only? That's never a good thing. #oldman #nostalgia

Can't be doing with Tom Ravenscroft's grating whiny voice, always makes me switch off. I like Deb Grant though.
Yeah, he has a terrible voice for radio. I like his taste in music, though.

Just because of the timing, I listen to Marc Riley more than any others. I like him but I'm not stuck on him. This change could be good. tbh this and R3's Late Junction are my only windows into new music nowadays.

I think the old indie stalwarts are starting to show their age in quite a visible way and 6 has to change or it will become irrelevant. They’ve been trying to get in that direction slowly but inevitably. I wonder how long Lamacq has left…

I think the old indie stalwarts are starting to show their age in quite a visible way and 6 has to change or it will become irrelevant. They’ve been trying to get in that direction slowly but inevitably. I wonder how long Lamacq has left…

Lamacq will be on Greatest Hits with Ken Bruce before you know it.

Whereas I'm quite glad - often end up listening to his show by default as I'm cooking, but it rarely does much for me.
Which ones do you like? Not Hobbs I see, I'm with you there.
Lamacq is really awful. And I'm not so young now. I think that Jamz supernova needs to sit in for half these people until they can do better.

Giles Peterson- why does this cunt never have a playlist up? It's just rude, does he think he can hog all the good taste or something? Most of the stuff he plays isn't too good for Spotify so I don't know what Giles' problem is with telling us what he's playing.

you could listen to the nights before on iplayer at a time of your choosing?

Which ones do you like? Not Hobbs I see, I'm with you there.

Lamacq is really awful. And I'm not so young now. I think that Jamz supernova needs to sit in for half these people until they can do better.

Giles Peterson- why does this cunt never have a playlist up? It's just rude, does he think he can hog all the good taste or something? Most of the stuff he plays isn't too good for Spotify so I don't know what Giles' problem is with telling us what he's playing.
if you go to iplayer heres what i presume are the last three GP shows??? all have tracklists

if you go to iplayer heres what i presume are the last three GP shows??? all have tracklists

They don't come up at the time, and all the websites that have them running in real time all stop when Giles comes on. I'm not checking back later, I've got stuff to be getting on with!

ETA: Although I'm wondering whether he's started putting them up now you've shared this :)

They don't come up at the time, and all the websites that have them running in real time all stop when Giles comes on. I'm not checking back later, I've got stuff to be getting on with!

ETA: Although I'm wondering whether he's started putting them up now you've shared this :)
all BBC radio shows list the music played im pretty sure im right in saying, and have done for a while

all BBC radio shows list the music played im pretty sure im right in saying
I've been sitting with radio 6 on whilst studying about 30 hours a week for a while now, and yes, they come up on every show; and then it all stops with Giles. If that's no longer the case then fine but am no lyin ska

I've been sitting with radio 6 on whilst studying about 30 hours a week for a while now, and yes, they come up on every show; and then it all stops with Giles. If that's no longer the case then fine but am no lyin ska
maybe just takes a bit longer for the assistant to write everything up and get it posted
is the DnB show still on Radio 1? I expect that will be late too ;)

you could listen to the nights before on iplayer at a time of your choosing?
I’m a bit of a Luddite with things like iplayer. Guess I’m just going to have to figure out how it works. I guess I just like putting the radio on rather than phaffing around on the internet.

I’m a bit of a Luddite with things like iplayer. Guess I’m just going to have to figure out how it works. I guess I just like putting the radio on rather than phaffing around on the internet.
yes totally its nice to swtich the radio on and its on, and live is live which is great, i love radio like that

but iplayer is a piece of piss - search for MY FAVOURITE RADIO SHOW and hit play

Lamacq has been sounding very "tired" for a while. I can't imagine GHR would have him, though. Absolute Radio might but their playlist is very narrow so possibly not.

Back
Top Bottom