Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I don't listen to 6 music anymore as it went seriously downhill after we all protested that they were going to remove it from the air.

Gideon was the only half decent spinner left on there the last time I checked.

Probably not a popular opinion but I'm glad Keaveny got the shove? The 7 - 10AM slot was brilliant when Phil Jupitus did it. Keaveny was like listening to a nut job talking to themselves. Annoying as fuck - Sorry

Then It all started to go to pot when they hired George Lamb for the 10am slot. Did anyone else here join in with the "Hang the DJ stunt" He tried to play it down but I reckon it really pissed him off :D

I don't listen to 6 music anymore as it went seriously downhill after we all protested that they were going to remove it from the air.

Gideon was the only half decent spinner left on there the last time I checked.

Probably not a popular opinion but I'm glad Keaveny got the shove? The 7 - 10AM slot was brilliant when Phil Jupitus did it. Keaveny was like listening to a nut job talking to themselves. Annoying as fuck - Sorry

Then It all started to go to pot when they hired George Lamb for the 10am slot. Did anyone else here join in with the "Hang the DJ stunt" He tried to play it down but I reckon it really pissed him off :D
With all due respect you're referring to presenters who haven't been on air for years!

Yea back when it was a gold mine of genius eclectic music. If I ever switch it on now its a serious case of wtf.

Obviously I'm too old to be in with the current scene but I'm cool with that. I own 500 CDs and subscribe to Tidal.

#middleagedlifeproblems

His and Marc Riley's shows are being merged into one and moved to the 10pm-midnight slot. They'll do one night on their own each and two nights together apparently :hmm:

Controversial opinion perhaps, but I'm very much looking forward to Tom Ravenscroft and Deb Grant in the 7 - 9pm slot.

two extremes of the supply teacher this week.
Tom Robinson filling in Marc Riley's old slot, and Amy Lamé filling in Gideon Coe's old slot. the good and the bad.

have put on Vic Galloway's Radio Scotland show for the first time live in a long while.

I sense you meant this as a jibe, but I still have a soft spot for Jive Bunny & The Master-mixers.
First album I ever owned. Still have the cassette in junk box somewhere. Was a gateway to a lot of good music for a child of the 80s.
So lay off them :p
Fatboy Slim does the same thing and ends up on the front cover of magazines and doing world tours in stadiums. No justice….

Fatboy Slim does the same thing and ends up on the front cover of magazines and doing world tours in stadiums. No justice….

Allergies are just so clinical, they don't do it for me. Loved that Soulwax album and there was a guy called Benji Boko who did some fantastic mash up mixes but the Allergies are a no from me.

eta: Just found the mix he did in front of me and my girlfriend and practically no one else at Glastonbury! Never knew it was out there.

Back
Top Bottom