Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Avoiding coronation

I did a "first pass" of my bathroom / kitchenette to get some stuff for the rubbish and recycling collection on Monday then attacked my desk / workbench / dinner table a bit ...

I almost avoided it - but then during my walk in the park the local church started ringing its bells... :p

is it all over now? I avoided it by not watching a tv or listening to a radio, but I do that every day :) Seen one or two comments on FB and that's it Very disappointed in the number of urbs who seem to have watched it

is it all over now? I avoided it by not watching a tv or listening to a radio, but I do that every day :) Seen one or two comments on FB and that's it Very disappointed in the number of urbs who seem to have watched it

You totally missed out. It was comedy gold. So so fucking weird. And the money shot at the end when the RAF couldn't handle a bit of rain so left the family getting pissed on by God watching a few helicopters fly over. The royal carriage being pulled through the pissing rain through horseshit, all the weird hats, devout hindu Rishi Sunak reading some scripture proclaiming there is only one God (his religion has millions).

Oh and Liz Truss. Nuff said.

Last edited:
very very little evidence of coronation fever in leeds. Spotted one person wearing a union jack hat in a pub beer garden in armley and nothing royal driving to the station and back other than some union jack plant boxes outside lidl.

You totally missed out. It was comedy gold. So so fucking weird. And the money shot at the end when the RAF couldn't handle a bit of rain so left the family getting pissed on by God watching a few helicopters fly over. The royal carriage being pulled through the pissing rain through horseshit, all the weird hats, devout hindu Rishi Sunak reading some scripture proclaiming there is only one God (his religion has millions).

I missed la Truss, is it now tradition for her to stand behind the monarch with a knife or something?

I missed la Truss, is it now tradition for her to stand behind the monarch with a knife or something?

All the former PMs still alive arrive together and sit together. Say what you want about Blair, Major, Cameron etc, they did actually manage to hold the job for more than 58 days. She was gormlessly beaming as she bounded in with them. So oblivious.

2023 version of 'all those moments will be lost like tears in rain'. :thumbs:

Actually, talking of shit, I went for a walk earlier and saw a rubbish bin overflowing with dogshit bags - so many it was if a 30 dog walkers had turned up to create a Turner Prize submission. Seemed somehow symbolic of this 'historic' day.

I did a "first pass" of my bathroom / kitchenette to get some stuff for the rubbish and recycling collection on Monday then attacked my desk / workbench / dinner table a bit ...

I almost avoided it - but then during my walk in the park the local church started ringing its bells... :p
I like the concept of attacking a problem, my dad used to call his tools weapons.

2023 version of 'all those moments will be lost like tears in rain'. :thumbs:

Actually, talking of shit, I went for a walk earlier and saw a rubbish bin overflowing with dogshit bags - so many it was if a 30 dog walkers had turned up to create a Turner Prize submission. Seemed somehow symbolic of this 'historic' day.
I walked past a bunch of dog shit, then saw the dog shit bin, I am somewhat disappointed but not surprised. Neighbours on both sides have kid drawn pictures with a STOP LEAVING DOG SHIT ON THE PAVEMENT theme. Days after they went out something shat in out front garden, then again the next day. Do we need signs every 30 feet?

Coincidentally I have appear to have upped my park-tidying game and do what I can with other people's dogs' shit.
If I can't relocate it somewhere safer with a stick. I will place sticks as markers.

Haven't watched a minute of it but still I can't fucking escape it on twitter and even just watching the football and having the dirge of an anthem forced on us. Whatever you do, they'll find a way to remind you of the country you live in

very very little evidence of coronation fever in leeds. Spotted one person wearing a union jack hat in a pub beer garden in armley and nothing royal driving to the station and back other than some union jack plant boxes outside lidl.
Some bloke a bit worst for wear walking round Crystal Palace with a crown and butchers apron stopped us and asked for money as he was the king and we owed him taxes.

Back
Top Bottom