Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Avoiding coronation

It wasn't hard to avoid it here in Canada although I know some of my neighbours were planning to get up at 3am to watch the live coverage. When I eventually crawled out of bed I watched about as much of it as I could stand, which was about 10-15 minutes.

I took the other half to work, took the dogs for a beach walk, did a trip to the dump and did a bit of overdue paperwork and phone calls because I'm on duty this weekend. I then had a meal and am having a beer. I managed to completely avoid it. Been sunny and mild in Flintshire.

Free the protestors.

I went from Croydon to Whitechapel and then on to Leyton, but didn't come into contact with anything remotely coronation based in terms of people or
bunting. Though I did spy some noisy choppers and jets in a V shape fly overhead.

Did they show the bit when they rubbed the Jesus oil all over his moobs?

no, they put screens round him so that the cameras and the people at the abbey couldn't see - think it's considered to be a private thing between monarch and the archbishop (and presumably god if you're so inclined)

no, they put screens round him so that the cameras and the people at the abbey couldn't see - think it's considered to be a private thing between monarch and the archbishop (and presumably god if you're so inclined)
Bit of a shame; sounds like it could have made good telly.

Got home, Mrs G told me she had made a mistake and the neighbours fest is tomorrow got a message and mates 50th is in Bristol on some date so off I trot. 2 days of fun in the west.

Lizard scales etc would be visible

Begs the question did whoever was archbishop in 1953 get to grope the queen?
If the Crown (TV Series) is to be believed she was anointed at the base of her throat, where it joins the decolletage , anything else deemed completely out of the question.

The Queen was wearing a dress with a neckline in keeping with fashion (scooped and above the boobs) so the base of the throat/very top of decolletage placement fits with what she wore.

Damn my sister and niece have coronation party crap on their FBs
I suspect my sister at least votes Tory ... she's turning into her mother :(

There is a party in my street. Bouncy castle and face painting. Doesn't look very coronation themed. Nice that my road (and the other one) have a facebook (and other) community group though. I lent a ladder to a neighbour the other day through that. That's nice.

Have managed quite well apart from a brief stop in an overly union-jacked pub on Friday. Came down this morning and the kids were watching Mr Tumble on cbeebies which is a bit young for them. I asked my daughter why and she said 'because the king and queen are on Blue Peter'. I was very proud.

Welby clearly tickled Nonce Andrew yesterday; wonder what his Oilyness said to him?

1683492302573.png

What are your plans? Wondering whether to just barricade myself in the house with some cider and peanuts and watch anime all day.
I went to live in another European country for a few months. Missed it! :D Apart from a few occasional comments from Facebook friends and random Tweets and newspaper headlines that I saw.

I watched the coronation because mum wanted to and it was hilarious, because of mum, she was shouting, ‘old bag! ‘ at Camilla and at one point switched it off because, ‘how much more Penny Mourdant can we stand? It’s too much!’
I had to work today, because I’ve two days of hospital visits to do to see my dad tomorrow and Tuesday. I have listened to at least 10 different podcasts, while I worked, all true crime ones, so I’ve avoided the other crime.

Back
Top Bottom