Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assassination attempt on Trump, 13th July 2024

I seem to remember there was an attempted 'attack' on him a few years back when a guy tried to run onto the podium he was on. Got flattened by secret service obviously. Trump seemed not to be worried during this. Actually postured.

OK. I'll say it. Was this real? He's the most divisive figure in American politics in decades. Hated by millions. The US secret service protection is the best in the world at what they do. Multi layered protection. Planned months ahead of time for public engagements. Anticipating a figure like him will be at maximum risk for attack and a shooter gets close enough to be within range??? I'm not a conspiracy type but this stinks. It's too fucking convenient and too much is at stake especially for the US right in this year with its politicised SCOTUS and Project 2025 (look it up if you're unfamiliar) to be implemented if he gets elected.

It's like Epstein. I'm a psych nurse of 16 years mainly working in locked wards sometimes with individuals at high risk of suicide. I was on a 1:1 with one last week. They broke every protocol and SOP to prevent suicide that was available. It's impossible to kill yourself if they're followed professionally. Maybe one fuck up once rarely? But every one????? No way. And he was a very public inmate with a lot of tales to tell if he got to testify. On the wards i've worked on we're very aware of the potential personal and career consequences of a predictable/preventable tragedy with any suicidal individual. And that's with one who isn't under massive public scrutiny. And please don't give me the 'don't ascribe to malice...etc'.

I think think this could be similar. It's too convenient.

Right...COME AT ME BRO!!!!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this event being the MAGA Republican attempt at pulling off their own Reichstag fire. But I do have to question the assumption, which I've seen made by a fair few commenters elsewhere, that this kind of event would actually increase Trump's share of the vote beyond convincing some waverers. I don't see anyone with serious disagreements changing their minds.

If Epstein was whacked then that would have been a fairly straightforward operation, relatively speaking. Get him dead and he can't testify. But staging an attempted assassination at a crowded event would seem to have a lot more moving parts that could potentially go wrong. If that bullet had gone a couple of inches to the right, then Trump would have gained an additional hole in his face. That very real possibility would require a willingness on the part of the planners to sacrifice Trump.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of this event being the MAGA Republican attempt at pulling off their own Reichstag fire. But I do have to question the assumption, which I've seen made by a fair few commenters elsewhere, that this kind of event would actually increase Trump's share of the vote beyond convincing some waverers. I don't see anyone with serious disagreements changing their minds.

If Epstein was whacked then that would have been a fairly straightforward operation, relatively speaking. Get him dead and he can't testify. But staging an attempted assassination at a crowded event would seem to have a lot more moving parts that could potentially go wrong. If that bullet had gone a couple of inches to the right, then Trump would have gained an additional hole in his face. That very real possibility would require a willingness on the part of the planners to sacrifice Trump.

It's the second attempt on his life, the first being stopped way before it got juicy. And because this has a defiant Trump injured but pumping fists - it's going to ensure his victory. America loves a hero/survivor.

Was it staged? Unlikely.

Shooter has been ' neutralised' according to the news. Why can't the twats over the pond say 'killed'. Useless shite couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

It probably isn't a set up (Trump). But it's a huge secret service fuck up. How the bejesus did they let a shooter get that close or within line of sight??? And they'll take huuuge advantage of it politically.

One killed, two seriously injured. If it was staged, do you think the powers that be care about a few maga knobheads if it got the orange blob the presidency?
How did the secret service allow it to happen? And no. They don't give a fuck about their voters. They're just there to give legitimacy so nooses and lamp posts don't come in to the picture.

One killed, two seriously injured. If it was staged, do you think the powers that be care about a few maga knobheads if it got the orange blob the presidency?

They may not care about collateral damage, but how do they persuade someone to play the role of the shooter? Even the dimmest Trump supporter would work out that someone shooting a gun is likely to attract the unwelcome attention of Secret Service agents.

How can anyone think this was staged to help his campaign? He got a hole in his ear! :facepalm:
Genuine question. How did the world's best close protection force allow this to happen? It probably isn't a set up but it smells a bit.

Genuine question. How did the world's best close protection force allow this to happen? It probably isn't a set up but it smells a bit.
Presumably the protection afforded to a former president is at a lower level than the incumbent gets. Maybe drones in the sky giving overhead view of rooftops was beyond budget?

“But the idea, the idea that there’s political violence or violence in America like this is just unheard of. It’s just not appropriate. Everybody must condemn it.”

Says Biden.

Sorry Joe, but this is America. It's as American as apple pie.

TRUMP LITERALLY PEOPLE INTO THE SENATE WITH CABLE TIES AND BUTCHERING KNIVES

Gah throws up hands

But they don't need to. Nobody with serious disagreements would vote for him anyway. The wavering voter swing will do the job.

However, whilst this attempt has virtually guaranteed Trump to be the next President, the idea that it's a false flag op that involved shooting him in the ear is fucking ludicrous.

I'm not going to call fake news just yet, though but I did notice that Mr Trump abruptly stopped mid sentence a moment before the first shot is heard.
....'Donald Duck!' in his earpiece perhaps

I find it interesting that the attempt was made in the first place, because let’s be honest political violence in the states i don’t really associate with folk who are anti trump. They could have been the “he’s not fascist/loon enough for us” types though. It could of course been someone in a leftist camp. Who knows of course until the reveal of the shooter, all conjecture

Last edited:
The film Idiocracy comes more and more to mind
There's a whole thread on that here. A real beloved film.

Both Biden and trump are both horrible for America. The democrats had one job - choose the right person - post trump and they have the face of their party a man who can barely remember his own name, who can barely string a sentence together. In some ways it even makes me want to get the tin foil out. I know politics should never be about appearances but it should be about coherency and confidence and clarity. In the debate Biden literally zoned out and barely came back. Its unacceptable, especially in these times live in.

Back
Top Bottom