Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assassination attempt on Trump, 13th July 2024

I'm a bit unsure of US political systems, but doesn't registering as a Republican (or Democrat) give you the ability to vote the the primaries for that party? So in theory, you could sign up to vote for the least worse Republican in the primaries, then vote Dem in the big election?

But like I say, I'm not all that about US "democracy", so I might be talking out my arse
Thomas Crooks?

Puns incoming

On the plus side the pound will end up doing well against the dollar. On the downside, environmental issues are fucked. . . . But on the upside again, the nuclear apocalypse will make that less of an issue.
but on the downside our radioactive children will hjave to mortgage their remaining fertile non mutated genes in an economy based on the value of cockroaches. On the plus side global warming won't be the main issue as Neo Fascist Britannia is plunged into a decades long nuclear winter. Skating on the Thames anyone?

So, I’m winning in all the polls… My opponent is having a real-time mental meltdown that guarantees my victory…

I know I’ll stage an assassination attempt on my life where a bullet actually hits me but doesn’t kill me and takes out some of the public. Definite winner and a great idea.

So, I’m winning in all the polls… My opponent is having a real-time mental meltdown that guarantees my victory…

I know I’ll stage an assassination attempt on my life where a bullet actually hits me but doesn’t kill me and takes out some of the public. Definite winner and a great idea.
The bullet didn’t hit him! It was broken glass apparently.

Amazing how long he paused on stage to do his fist pump. That’s quite ballsy. Do you think they had been told the shooter was dead? Almost impressed at the know how to soak up that moment and get the iconic photo.

Tbf being shot is a serious event for anyone, it will have a psychological affect on him and it will be interesting to see how he handles it . I suspect at least outwardly and initially in his usual bigly manner but the true impact may take some time to become apparent.
Yeah, although he obviously has a lot of the pomp and bluster, he's also shown himself to be of quite a nervous/apprehensive disposition about a lot of things (sometimes quite reasonably, tbh).

As you say, amongst all the horror of what is likely about to unfold, will be interesting to see how he himself handles it long term.

Skating on the Thames anyone?
A lot of that was also to do with the old london bridge that practically worked as a dam. Last frost fair was about 15 years before the bridge was removed.
Things will have to get lifelessly cold before it happens. . . . not that I am ruling that out.

Poll shows that more Americans now support violence to stop Trump than back violence in his favour.

'A survey conducted in late June from the University of Chicago found that there is now more support for violence against Trump (10% of American adults, or 26 million people) compared with violence in favor of Trump (6.9%, or 18 million people). Until January, the survey showed there was more support for violence in favor of Trump.

And of the 26 million American adults who support violence to prevent Trump from regaining the presidency, more than 30% own guns and almost 80% have access to internet organizational tools.'

It possibly isn't a great idea expressing support for an attempt to assassinate an American president on here tbh :D

Amazing how long he paused on stage to do his fist pump. That’s quite ballsy.
Assuming it was deliberate, as opposed to disarray or a bit of shock.

Maybe a bit like some of the 9/11 photos - some of the opportunities were purely circumstantial and not down to some genius stage management by Bin Laden.

Edit: one Graun article suggests they knew the shooter was down at this point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom