Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

Let me see, you don't know that the case is about, you mistake the defence for legal opinion, you write like a horse giving birth a to a cow, you're frequently factually wrong and you don't understand the difference between talking about the legal issues of a case and the innocent/guilty bit. I'm an imbecile.

You're losing, getting fainter

I contend I have read something. A Butcherapron's argument. Well done.
What arguments have you put forward poo flakes? I've seen you say one single thing and then get it destroyed by your own evidence. What arguments have you put forward? Tell me. What are the arguments that you've offered?

Let me see, you don't know that the case is about, you mistake the defence for legal opinion, you write like a horse giving birth a to a cow, you're frequently factually wrong and you don't understand the difference between talking about the legal issues of a case and the innocent/guilty bit. I'm an imbecile.

You're losing, getting fainter

It is not like comparing a horse giving birth to a cow.

Yep. Surprised by a few on this thread, tbh. And even if every single word of the testimony is true, which I don't believe for one second, the idea that this is worthy of an international police operation is laughable. Would it have happened if you or I had been accused of this?

Any evidence for this? According to wikipedia there were 13 500 European Arrest Warrants issued in 2008 alone and that number is increasing yearly. In fact according to the Guardian.
EAWs have been sought for such offences as bicycle theft, possession of 0.45 grams of cannabis, removing car tyres and stealing piglets. More than 2,400 requests were received by the UK from Poland last year.
So how is this any more of an 'international police operation' then any other of these which have been initiated for far less serious criminal accusations. Were those warrants for piglet stealers also only done at the behest of a third power because if not why on earth would an international police operation be launched to reprimand them.

It's also pretty stupid to think that because the US are finding it difficult to extradite Gary McKinnon, a naive, autistic British citizen with a family to lobby on his behalf, they would feel they need to hatch a complex plot to trump up a false set of rape allegations to bring an Australian citizen with no such mitigating factors to Sweden so they can bundle him to the US.

Your tortuous attempts to understand what's going on are exactly like that. I've seen it happen you dimwitted fool.

Exactly like that? So, you admit it! Show me evidence that it is exactly like a horse giving birth to a cow! You haven't read anything!!!1 LOL.... wawaweawawa

Utter shite. It is neither Wikileaks nor Assange that locked up a whistleblower without trial for months. While, I presume Assange's innocence you (and others - "Assange is above the law") seem to know, with great conviction, of his guilt (before he has even been charged no less).

I do not presume he is guilty. I would simply like the investigation to proceed without being hindered by an 'I did something that the US hate so I will hide behind that rather than face questioning' approach.

And, as if it should even need saying, presumption of innocence means the burden of proof lies with the prosecution, not that the accused is allowed to ignore the matter and avoid questioning.

And, as if it should even need saying, presumption of innocence means the burden of proof lies with the prosecution, not that the accused is allowed to ignore the matter and avoid questioning.
Exactly.

There's several things that I'd assumed didn't need saying, but apparently do.

Exactly like that? So, you admit it! Show me evidence that it is exactly like a horse giving birth to a cow! You haven't read anything!!!1 LOL.... wawaweawawa
Either poo flakes is actually ern or firky on a windup, or s/he is simply unable to recognise a simile.

You disapoint me again. You were the same about Galloway. I think you allow the petty infighting between British ultra Left groupuscles to obscure your view of the larger picture.
Comparing Assange to Galloway is unfair on Assange, I hope. Assange is a rather egotistic hacker, possibly with a big problem relating to women, but he seems to be on a genuine mission. Galloway is a self-aggrandizing bully who uses politics to further his own personal brand, picking up and dropping ethnic groups and international causes as it pleases him.

Both of them illustrate why the cult of personality is still a threat within left/protest movements. Larger than life strongmen can have an impact on the political system and become very visibly in the mainstream media, but at the cost of obscuring the rest of the real living grassroots movement.

We've been hearing reports over the last few weeks how problems with bullying and abuse of women are some of the main things crippling the Occupy camps in the UK. Unquestioning support of strongmen and frontmen means that it's harder to properly deal with sexist and bullying attitudes in protest movements.

All of the above is true whether or not Assange is found guilty or not.

Either poo flakes is actually ern or firky on a windup, or s/he is simply unable to recognise a simile.

Or I am taking the piss out of a pedant.

I do not presume he is guilty. I would simply like the investigation to proceed without being hindered by an 'I did something that the US hate so I will hide behind that rather than face questioning' approach.

I can see your perspective, I shared it until I hear the right-wing in this country and America discuss whistleblowing. A terrible way to determine someone's guilt but watch any news channel, US government employee, or British establishment figure discuss this and I suspect they are at it.

I can see your perspective, I shared it until I hear the right-wing in this country and America discuss whistleblowing. A terrible way to determine someone's guilt but watch any news channel, US government employee, or British establishment figure discuss this and I suspect they are at it.

If the British establishment are 'at it' why don't they just conspire to send him straight to the US? Why bother sending him to Sweden first?

There is a famous study conducted which showed that even if allegations made against a particular candidate in an election are untrue (and even vindicated in court), the very fact the allegations surfaced can impact the election result. Being accused of rape, being a very serious offence, even if untrue, could diminish Assange's cause. This is what (should) irks people who couldn't really give a flying fuck about Assange or individuals in the open source movement.

Back
Top Bottom