Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

you said:
In both cases, Assange and the two women consented to have sex. In the first case they had unsafe sex, which the plaintiff alleges she did not consent to. Not sure what your point is.

you said:
One of the women are accusing him of unsafe sex, not non-consensual sex

Are you sure of what the point is now?

(You're actually still wrong btw, and you've had all day to get up to speed)

From the Guardian:

None of those mentions rape, so why is Assange being described as an alleged rapist?

The accusation in the fourth point, involving Miss W, falls into the category of rape under Swedish law.

Twat.

Yeah, because the question "why is Assange being described as an alleged rapist?" definitely has exactly the same implications as "is Assange a rapist?"

(good to see you signing yourself off in a frank and honest manner, btw - Ra-ha-ha-ha-haa!)

Yeah, because the question "why is Assange being described as an alleged rapist?" definitely has exactly the same implications as "is Assange a rapist?"

!

Are you sure of what the point is now?

I do not see what you are getting at. I do not think he committed rape, and that the charges are trumped up largely as a result of his political activities. You have asked a bunch of questions around the case while I am also in an argument about whether being accussed of committing rape is the same as being accussed of being a rapist. I am not entirely sure what your point is.

I actually did make a mistake earlier, based on a recollection of a story in the media some time ago, but not on the substance of the allegations. You did not bring me up on that though. You do not seem to have any substance to your comments and have already pissed off someone else, accusing him of defending rape. I have now explained that was a stupid thing to do in this case, followed by a tedious and fruitless conversation about an idiot's guide to Swedish rape law in the Guardian.

You did make a mistake? This is the first time that you've admitted it. You defended your mistake until a few minutes ago. What changed your mind? Reading up and getting informed about the case? And this didn't undermine any of your other assumptions and claims? It will. And making such a serious error doesn't suggest that the rest of your claims may be a little...under researched...does it?

You have not talked about rape in swedish law at all - you've repeated an unsupported claim from Assanges then brief that what count as rape in sweden is not rape in the rest of europe, then provided a link demolishing this claim. You've not once talked about the legal stuff here,you've talked solely about the truth or or otherwise of the charges.

You did make a mistake? This is the first time that you've admitted it. You defended your mistake until a few minutes ago. What changed your mind? Reading up and getting informed about the case? And this didn't undermine any of your other assumptions and claims? It will. And making such a serious error doesn't suggest that the rest of your claims may be a little...under researched...does it?

You have not talked about rape in swedish law at all - you've repeated an unsupported claim from Assanges then brief that what count as rape in sweden is not rape in the rest of europe, then provided a link demolishing this claim. You've not once talked about the legal stuff here,you've talked solely about the truth or or otherwise of the charges.

I made a mistake concerning when the allegations surfaced not on the allegations made, or indeed the issue of retrospective revocation of consent which is relevant to the timing of the allegations. I do not see why that really matters, you do.

In both cases, the issue is of consent. The Guardian article states that a couple of the allegations would have been prosecuted under British law. That is debatable and has been debated to death elsewhere.

I made a mistake concerning when the allegations surfaced not on the allegations made, or indeed the issue of retrospective revocation of consent which is relevant here. I do not see why that really matters, you do.

In both cases, the issue is of consent. The Guardian article states that one of the allegations would have been prosecuted under British law. That is debatable and has been debated to death elsewhere.
No, you claimed this

This is not true as i demonstrated,with the help of your own links.Are you back defending this claim after you pointed out that the accusations are

• That Assange "unlawfully coerced" Miss A by using his body weight to hold her down in a sexual manner.

That he "sexually molested" Miss A by having sex with her without a condom when it was her "express wish" one should be used.

That he "deliberately molested" Miss A "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity".

That he "sexually molested" Miss A by having sex with her without a condom when it was her "express wish" one should be used.

Are you?

You seem unable to separate what you've said (i.e what we're actually talking about) from the case. Odd. At best.

I'd like to think any country would pursue someone for that, wouldn't you agree? :confused:

Let´s get a bit pf perspective here.

The US-uk has for over a decade been engaged in a series of blatant imperialist aggressions against essentially the entire Muslim world. Hundreds of thousands of noncombatats, women and children have been murdered by governments who claim to act in our name, for the sole prupose of profit.

The apathy of the British and American peoples in the face of their governments´ murderous policies has been absolutely disgusting. A few demonstrations, a few occupations, nothing likely to give our leaders pause in their quest for blood and oil.

Virtually alone in the Western world, Assange actually did something. Something that had a real, serious effect on the US war machine. He did this at great personal risk to himself. He´s about the closest we have to a hero.

Naturally the US-uk will try to retailiate, using the usual repertoire of dirty tricks. They did the same against Galloway, aother of the few they genuinally fear. That´s to be expected. What isn´t to be expected is for people who imagine themselves to be on the Left to take such smears seriously. Shame on you.

No, you claimed this

This is not true as i demonstrated,with the help of your own links.Are you back defending this claim after you pointed out that the accusations are

Are you?

You seem unable to separate what you've said (i.e what we're actually talking about) from the case. Odd. At best.

Those are the accusations against him. In the first case, all are linked to the use of a condom.

The second one might not even be penetrative sex they are talking about.

So you stand by the claim that

you said:

despite this link from you?

That Assange "unlawfully coerced" Miss A by using his body weight to hold her down in a sexual manner.

That he "deliberately molested" Miss A "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity".

Would you please say yes or no. Do you stand by your claim or not?

He's so fucked.

You disapoint me again. You were the same about Galloway. I think you allow the petty infighting between British ultra Left groupuscles to obscure your view of the larger picture.

Don´t you agree that Assage has done more than any other single individual to throw a spanner in the works of the war mahine?
And don´t you think that was a pretty impressive, very brave, and fairly effective thing to do? And didn´t you assume that the US would attempt to retaliate using whatever dirty tricks they could come up with? And isn´t this precisely the sort of ruse they reglaurly do come up with?

Perspective people, perspective...

No,it's about whether you understand what the accusations are. They are not that

They are that he

That Assange "unlawfully coerced" Miss A by using his body weight to hold her down in a sexual manner.

Whether he you think he did "unlawfully coerce" her is neither her not there. You don't even know what he's been accused of yet you find him innocent of all charges. You're crap.

You disapoint me again. You were the same about Galloway. I think you allow the petty infighting between British ultra Left groupuscles to obscure your view of the larger picture.

Don´t you agree that Assage has done more than any other single individual to throw a spanner in the works of the war mahine?
And don´t you think that was a pretty impressive, very brave, and fairly effective thing to do? And didn´t you assume that the US would attempt to retaliate using whatever dirty tricks they could come up with? And isn´t this precisely the sort of ruse they reglaurly do come up with?

Perspective people, perspective...
Yep. Surprised by a few on this thread, tbh. And even if every single word of the testimony is true, which I don't believe for one second, the idea that this is worthy of an international police operation is laughable. Would it have happened if you or I had been accused of this? Of course not. Has pressure been brought to bear? Utterly naive and ignorant of history to believe that it hasn't.

Whether he you think he did "unlawfully coerce" her is neither her not there. You don't even know what he's been accused of yet you find him innocent of all charges. You're crap.

It is not an issue about whether I believe that the allegation is true or not. That charge is linked to sex without a condom. The allegation is that Assange pinned her down so she could not get to a condom.

She says she didnt consent - the rest is up to a swedish court to decide.

Yes.

It is not an issue about whether I believe that the allegation is true or not. That charge is linked to sex without a condom. The allegation is that Assange pinned her down so she could not get to a condom..

So,then this is untrue according to you

You're the only one - the only person on the entire thread - linking it to whether he allegation is true or not.

(but now the #1 paediatrician hunter is on the thread...)

So,then this is untrue according to you

You're the only one - the only person on the entire thread - linking it to whether he allegation is true or not.

Okay, semantically one could make a big issue as to whether the act of forcing someone to have unsafe sex is different from having non-consensual unsafe sex. I would say doing so is a massive waste of time.

To sum up your second sentence:

I think the allegations are untrue like two other people on this page of the thread.

I also explained what those allegations are.

Those are two seperate things.

I would be angry at this dialogue, but I have no idea what is going on now. At first, I thought it was you questioning my knowledge about the charges after I claimed the charges look trumped up. Now, I am at a loss as to what you are actually claiming.

One down phil.
You are playing the role of the convenient idiot on this thread, one with an underlying benchmark faith in authority. And like all convenient idiots, you don't even realise it. You defer to authority in the end, even when you ought to be able to see that the authority is utterly discredited.

I hope you haven't managed to drive dylans from the boards. He has his faults - don't we all - but I like him a lot as a poster, if he happens to be reading this.

The only faith in authority here is faith in assange. It's the mirror image of the idea that the state is always right. You bought it. Now you sell it.

Drive dylans from the boards? He's repeatedly threatened me with real life violence. He got on the wrong bus, of course you're sitting there finger wagging when he got on - all innocent until guilty unless jesus doesn't like you. In which case, forget it.

And even if every single word of the testimony is true, which I don't believe for one second, the idea that this is worthy of an international police operation is laughable.

It hardly involved hundreds of officers scouring the globe in helicopters now did it? Mostly some paperwork. How nice it must be for possible victims to hear that its not worth the bother of taking their complaint seriously.

Why should Assange be above the law? If someone pokes the US in the eye then we should turn a blind eye to their other activities?

jesus said:
And even if every single word of the testimony is true, which I don't believe for one second, the idea that this is worthy of an international police operation is laughable.

Read this carefully.Very carefully. Even if it's true doesn't matter. Sexual abuse and rape doesn't matter.

Why should Assange be above the law? If someone pokes the US in the eye then we should turn a blind eye to their other activities?

No-one is saying Assange is above the law, simply that it is hardly surprising that when a western dissident is accused of rape, it is highly ambiguous cases in a country where it would be far easier to prosecute.

The only faith in authority here is faith in assange. It's the mirror image of the idea that the state is always right. You bought it. Now you sell it.

Utter shite. It is neither Wikileaks nor Assange that locked up a whistleblower without trial for months. While, I presume Assange's innocence you (and others - "Assange is above the law") seem to know, with great conviction, of his guilt (before he has even been charged no less).

The complete lack of faith in the American and British authorities is because state-orchestrated witch-hunts, and bizarre cover-ups (over relatively insignificant issues (Adam Werrity)) have been going on with some regularity for some time. It is entirely reasonable to presume Assange's innocence. Given the circumstances (media coverage alone but also Assange's political activities) and the nature of the allegations, I see sufficient cause to doubt the safety of any verdict.

Back
Top Bottom