Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

so to summerise todays "news"

UN holds long, expensive and in depth review of teh legal position surrounding his stay atthe embassy and his asylum status

assange applauds reviews outcome that he should be allowed to go to actual eccuador.

UK gov goes "fair doos come on out then"

assange but you wil arrest me...

UK gov yup

assange but the UN says i am safe

UK gov. yep safe as houses

assange.. hmmm you sure?

UK gov Totes Bro come on out it wil be cool

assange.. erm what's with all the bizzies sat about outside?

UN - hey UK we haz madz a rulingz and you should obayz uz

UK gov FUCK you UN youre not the boss of me

According to the radio news Ecuador say they want an Ecuadoran prosecutor to put the questions to Assange and have refused the Swedish prosecutor's request to interrogate Assange in their embassy. They have requested a list of questions from the Swedish prosecutor.

They also claim the British government has violate the immunity of their diplomatic premises by deploying an invasive police cordon outside their embassy at a cost exceeding $18 million, they went on to say the British government can't be trusted as they told embassy officials months ago they would remove the police cordon but have so far failed to do so.

Radio in Spanish (it was the 2nd story on the news just past the hour, the first story was about the Popes visit later this year for anyone who was wondering ;) )

According to the radio news Ecuador say they want an Ecuadoran prosecutor to put the questions to Assange and have refused the Swedish prosecutor's request to interrogate Assange in their embassy. They have requested a list of questions from the Swedish prosecutor.

They also claim the British government has violate the immunity of their diplomatic premises by deploying an invasive police cordon outside their embassy at a cost exceeding $18 million, they went on to say the British government can't be trusted as they told embassy officials months ago they would remove the police cordon but have so far failed to do so.

Radio in Spanish (it was the 2nd story on the news just past the hour, the first story was about the Popes visit later this year for anyone who was wondering ;) )
Blimey.

I don't think rape victims have any say in the process in any country once they have made their complaint other than withdrawing it.

They often get to tell their story in court once the alleged rapist has been apprehended. Normally the perp does get off, it is not normally the United Nations that steps in and says the perp should be able to walk via cos he's been on the lam for four years.

If only Sweden would grant Assange speedy justice!
A little late for speedy anything around this case.

I just posted what the Ecuadoran line appears to be, something I didn't see on here. Ecuador only got involved as they thought it would be good domestically to be seen standing up to the USA, that's how it was played to start with, I'm not sure with the benefit of hindsight they'd do it again. Assange has turned out to be a real pest for them, but politicians never like to be seen to climb down.

A little late for speedy anything around this case.
I know. I was making a joke about this:

c21822aadf81caa86cc9dd493c557cb7.jpg

Because it's hardly Sweden's fault that Assange skipped bail and hid in an embassy for years.

Nice taking apart of the UN working group's opinion:

The UN working group’s Assange opinion
This is game, set, and match.

The working group has completely devalued everything they supposedly stand for. In fact, reading that, one has to wonder if someone's been bunged somewhere along the line. At least there'd be a reason if that were the case.

Excepting bribery, they are simply incompetent fucks.

Last edited:
Is Wikileaks...just a bunch of bollocks?
This is the thing that a lot of liberal leftists don't seem to get: it is possible for someone to do a thing you admire and then also do something appalling. It is furthermore possible that in evading taking responsibility for the appalling thing, that the person who once did a useful thing actually does a lot of damage to the useful cause and to others involved in the useful cause.

Now, that may take a minute or so to think about, but it's really not hard to process ethically. The sentences have a few clauses, and that can take time for some people. But the concept isn't hard. But some people just can't deal with the complexity of reality. They prefer this:

"Person does something admirable = hero. Heroes don't do bad things. Bad thing must be lie. People who think hero should face a fair trial in a fair court must be against the admirable thing. Therefore they are bad people".

I think people accused of sexual violence should have the opportunity to test those allegations in a fair court.

Assange doesn't appear to want to.

Back
Top Bottom