Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

So why haven't they interviewed him?
I don't know. Maybe he refused and started playing games. Are you suggesting the agreement wasn't reached with Ecuador? As far as i can tell the swedes were fobbed off until a week ago by bureaucratic moves by the embassy and that sweden has set the wheels in motion for an interview to happen.

You people like RT don't you? Here's RT on it.

I don't know. Maybe he refused and started playing games. Are you suggesting the agreement wasn't reached with Ecuador? As far as i can tell the swedes were fobbed off until a week ago by bureaucratic moves by the embassy and that sweden has set the wheels in motion for an interview to happen.

You people like RT don't you? Here's RT on it.
The end of that article gives a clue as to what Assange might be waiting for:

"The more serious rape allegation only expires after 10 years, meaning it would be dropped in 2020."

Six years.

The end of that article gives a clue as to what Assange might be waiting for:

"The more serious rape allegation only expires after 10 years, meaning it would be dropped in 2020."

Six years.
I read, when the other two ran out of time, that they have an option to simply re-classify the rape allegation in 2020, effectively going back to day one. I can't find anything backing that up right now, but i def did read it.

I've just heard the vice-chairman of the UN working panel on RT: he believes that the UK and Sweden are just doing the U.S's bidding and that Assange would be extradited to the U.S from Sweden where he would likely spend most of his life in prison.

I've just heard the vice-chairman of the UN working panel on RT: he believes that the UK and Sweden are just doing the U.S's bidding and that Assange would be extradited to the U.S from Sweden where he would likely spend most of his life in prison.
Blimey.

"believes"?

The bastard's on the embassy balcony now, gobbing off as if he's "won".

"It's a historic decision that's legally binding" .... "the UK and Sweden have lost" ....

Someone should egg the cunt.

Come on Jules, step outside .....

Last edited:
Because he doesn't want them to. Under Swedish law he can't be formally charged until he has been formally interviewed first. That's why he has been pursuing all his appeals.
Yup. Assange's strategy from day one has been to delay/avoid the interview as his indictment for rape will inevitably follow. He doesn't want the interview to happen, regardless of what he claims.

Yup. Assange's strategy from day one has been to delay/avoid the interview as his indictment for rape will inevitably follow. He doesn't want the interview to happen, regardless of what he claims.
If he did...there's a police station a minute's walk away.

What's his team's schizzle about the Swedish prosecutor not getting stuff done in a timely fashion/being incompetent?

12688121_942084695873385_3833539258633484822_n.jpg

12647409_942084889206699_5690728269574355363_n.jpg

12650880_942084735873381_3075011752710226279_n.jpg

The parallels with the Tommy Sheridan debacle are depressing. The hero-worshipping beatification, the misogyny, the disregard for victims, the feeling that their hero is above the usual standards of decency. And the stupid polarising mentality that says if you think he should answer the charges, then you're "a neocon liar" (seen today on Twitter).

Just because someone once did something you admired doesn't mean they didn't also do something appalling. Welcome to messy reality, kids. Maybe the Lone Ranger was a racist.

How did the UN get it so wrong on Julian Assange?| Joshua Rozenberg

"Of course, he knew he would be arrested for breach of his bail conditions. Of course, he knew he would face extradition to Sweden. Of course, he knew that he might face extradition to the United States once proceedings in Sweden were at an end. But that does not mean he was detained, and still less that his detention was of an arbitrary character. How, then, did the majority of the working party get it so wrong?"

This from 2012 is also good (though out of date on the point about Assange being interviewed in London):

The legal mythology of the extradition of Julian Assange

"Then there is the rational explanation. In view of the significant protections he would have against onward extradition to the United States from Sweden, it would appear that the only rational (as opposed to subjective) explanation for his refusal is not that he is seeking to avoid any onwards extradition; it is that he simply wants to avoid interrogation and any prosecution for allegations of sexual assault and rape in Sweden."

Back
Top Bottom