Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Art thread 2021

One of my favourite buildings in Hackney, now sadly demolished :(
the beautiful, strange house next to Empress Coaches, Corbridge Crescent.
Copied from a photo. Pencil and ink on paper
View attachment 286433
Actually, it appears I was mistaken, and they have retained the house and incorporated it into the new
development there. I personally prefer the overgrown, falling down version of the place. It's lost all it's mystery.ISN200698_10_l_gal.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, it appears I was mistaken, and they have retained the house and incorporated it into the new
development there. I personally prefer the overgrown, falling down version of the place. It's lost all it's mystery.View attachment 286434

I much preferred how it was too :( still, at least the facade has been retained.
Did you know the house was used in the 2011 film version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? I recognised the area straight away when I saw it!

Great art work by the way :thumbs:

I much preferred how it was too :( still, at least the facade has been retained.
Did you know the house was used in the 2011 film version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? I recognised the area straight away when I saw it!

Great art work by the way :thumbs:
Thank you :) Yeah, I've seen that house in many things, most recently it featured in Top Boy.
It's a very atmospheric little street, or at least it was before the development.

Phew finished. Started in March! But my deadline was February 15th (my sister & partner's anniversary) so at least I finished in time, now got to make sure I keep it safe and don't forget.

Hope they like it but my sister took the photo so there's that at least 😅

20210914_195238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom