Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are motorbikes cheapest in the winter?

I mean here in the UK.

Colder and wetter so fewer riding meaning fewer sales therefore prices drop as an inducement.

Yeah, I'm 50.
Sort of maybe? Before Christmas would have been better. Also the market is doing weird shit atm because people are avoiding public transport and getting bikes, but also dealerships have had to close so all bets are off at present.

I am 53.

And then OTOH people may be selling bikes because they're struggling... But probably mainly the less practical sort.

TLDR: dunno.

Could be, what are you after?

56 .. #@+= ??

Dunno yet. It's been 24 years since I was last on one so nothing with Monster in the name.

I have a full bike licence and like comfort. Am also arthritic so I won't be racing or getting my knee down. I suppose that means cruiser/roadster/tourer or similar riding positions.

Last edited:
Dunno yet. It's had been 24 years since I was last on one so nothing with Monster in the name.
It is similar with me, 21 years since I rode a motorbike.
Nowhere to store one at the moment though so for the time being no bike for me..

I have a full bike licence and like comfort. Am also arthritic so I won't be racing or getting my knee down. Do I suppose that means cruiser/roadster/tourer or similar riding positions.
I expect some on here will be along to advise you.
I find my motorbike knowledge is about 20 years out of date :) :(

I don't recall any great seasonal variation in motorcycle prices when I lived in Europe. Motorcyclists are, by nature, optimists and will buy no matter the weather.

If you getting a new one then get an Aprilia RS660 in the Loris Reggiani 1995 throw back colours.

IME, very generally yes - esp the smaller/commuter-type machines. The more desirable/fashionable bikes tend t keep their prices. However, the way things have been this year makes it anyone’s guess.

Followed closely by chucking yourself down the road, concomitant multiple limb fractures and orthopaedics ward stay

One way to get over a midlife crisis

Did all that in my 20's. Won't be coming off unless it's someone else's fault (again).

This is mainly to make getting two work a bit easier some days and for nipping about when I don't have or don't have to take the car. I'm not up for getting 2nd car in a two adult household.

Did all that in my 20's. Won't be coming off unless it's someone else's fault (again).

This is mainly to make getting two work a bit easier some days and for nipping about when I don't have or don't have to take the car. I'm not up for getting 2nd car in a two adult household.

you say that but once you get in the groove you’ll be twisting that VROOM VROOM and hanging off it giggling like a baby

next stop titanium knee sliders and a ticket to the Isle of Man

Back
Top Bottom