Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone see Pulp at Glastonbury 1995?

pulpproject

First time posting here, so do let me know if I’ve made some horrible faux pas. I’m a writer working on a project the 1990s, and I’m looking to interview some people who saw Pulp at Glastonbury in 1995. That’s the year it was supposed to be the Stone Roses, but they pulled out and Pulp headlined the Saturday in their place at short notice. Common People had just come out a month or so before, but Different Class was still to come later that year – also the first time they ever played Sorted for Es and Whizz live, I think.

By all accounts it sounds like it was an amazing set, and a real marker of the Britpop era. If anyone on here was there for the set, I’d love to hear from you – any memories or impressions you might have from the set and from the festival?

E2A: Apologies for being snappy here. See later post explain the unconnected cause of my ire

Please read the boards for a while before posting. Use the search function to see if your topic has already been discussed to save repeating questions/threads that already exist. Please note that these are discussion boards and not a free resource for journalists/students/market researchers.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to be given a ticket/wristband on the saturday morning, and a vehicule pass too. So drove my van direct to the main stage from home, Jarvis was in the car in front of us when we got there. Didn't see Pulp play though. Having been heavily into raving I found that listening to Page and Plant on sunday rekindled my love of rock.

Pretty sure I was there. Was also sorted for Es and whizz so won't be much help. Or was that another year? Fuck knows. Might have been the year I bimbled round on my own in the mud. Was it a muddy year?

Pretty sure I was there. Was also sorted for Es and whizz so won't be much help. Or was that another year? Fuck knows. Might have been the year I bimbled round on my own in the mud. Was it a muddy year?
I hope this quote makes it into the book, or whatever it ends up being.
I didn't see Pulp in 1995. However I did get around to seeing them at their reunion gig in Hyde Park in 2011.

Always late to the party.. :(
I've never seen Pulp, but if it helps, I definitely went to a club night in about 2015 or so when they played a lot of Pulp songs. Like, it was definitely a special Pulp-related occasion of some kind, fucked if I can remember what it was though.

Yea i was there, i was pretty fucked off squire had fallen off his bike and busted his arm up and we were left with fcuking pulp instead of the roses. I was with my then GF and her mates who loved them, and tbf they were alright. I remember cocker’s quip about people in gold lamé tents then i think i ate a black star and everything’s a bit hazy after that 🙄

Back
Top Bottom