Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any members of the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids?

I think people here are only having a bit of fun.
Nobody is criticising you.
It's your life.
Do whatever feels right for you.
If that means checking out the druids then check them out. But asking here if anyone on urban is a druid? Nobody really discusses these things because its personal information.
And any one person's experience with druids may not be the same as someone else's.

Their website does show quite a lot of info. Maybe check it out and go to a few events that are open to all.

Personally, not for me. I prefer to convene with nature alone and without the sounds of other humans.
I was having a bit of fun too:
A lard bard
A scarred bard
A card bard

:D

People can mock. It's cool. I just feel like reaching for a deeper connection with things. Doesn't mean believing in gaia or the lady of the lake, clad in glittering samite.

I was having a bit of fun too:
A lard bard
A scarred bard
A card bard

:D

People can mock. It's cool. I just feel like reaching for a deeper connection with things. Doesn't mean believing in gaia or the lady of the lake, clad in glittering samite.
Fair enough 👍

Why? Pagans are are as ridiculous as Abrahamic acolytes and are only worthy of scorn and mockery

Surely pagans are sillier. Much sillier. Abrahamic stuff is interwoven into cultural identity and instilled in the impressionable young. Pagans have no excuse.

Former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams became a druid when he joined the Gorsedd of Bards, so he got to be doubly silly. He looked even more silly by denying it had anything to with paganism.

Former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams became a druid when he joined the Gorsedd of Bards, so he got to be doubly silly. He looked even more silly by denying it had anything to with paganism.
Remember a story that Rowan Williams got kicked out of a branch of Saintsbury's in Cambridge because he was holding up the self check out queue whilst discussing Dostoyevsky.

This is pure ignorant.

What do you think Pagan means?

Any supposedly pre-Abrahamic and polytheistic faith rooted in historic geocultural identity. In theory. But in practice, it’s a modern reinvention of that faith, often almost entirely spurious and at best mainly synthetic, attracting a mix of romantics, oddballs, and enough exploitative sociopaths in the senior ranks to rival the worst excesses of mainstream religion.

Any supposedly pre-Abrahamic and polytheistic faith rooted in historic geocultural identity. In theory. But in practice, it’s a modern reinvention of that faith, often almost entirely spurious and at best mainly synthetic, attracting a mix of romantics, oddballs, and enough exploitative sociopaths in the senior ranks to rival the worst excesses of mainstream religion.

Oh you mean Neo-paganism.

But what you said was still inaccurate.

Paganism isn’t a religion. It’s an umbrella term for any religion outside and predating the Abrahamic systems. As such pagan thought and custom is thoroughly interwoven in modern culture and custom.

Oh you mean Neo-paganism.

But what you said was still inaccurate.

Paganism isn’t a religion. It’s an umbrella term for any religion outside and predating the Abrahamic systems. As such pagan thought and custom is thoroughly interwoven in modern culture and custom.

Yes, I don’t have any particular axe to grind about christmas trees or even maypoles. But the thread concerns some of the silliest neopagans imaginable, so the context should have been pretty clear.

Why? Pagans are are as ridiculous as Abrahamic acolytes and are only worthy of scorn and mockery

This^^^ All religions are equal in their made up imaginary friend silliness, and often in their abuse of powers over their own adherents and every one else.

Now I enjoy lots of the trappings of many religions: I’m always up for the art and Architecture of a medieval cathedral, a Buddhist temple, a grand mosque or a little English village church for that matter. Plus most of the singing and chanting across the lot of them is pretty good ( not all, looking at you evangelical Christian rock) .

But they fundamentally (did you see what I did there) are equally mad.

I’ve just had a look at the course to join. It looks interesting but I’ll not bother. I’ve other things to spend the money.

Back
Top Bottom