Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any members of the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids?

Karl Masks

Birds Angel Delight
I'm thinking of joining and wondered if anyone had first hand experience.

All hail Arthur, king of the Fowlers....I mean Britons!

I've always been slightly impressed at the chutzpah of the guy who said 'No, I AM the reincarnation of King Arthur'. The ultimate bagsy.

Except that that’s not quite what he says.

That‘s the headline version but the more qualified version is different.
Still a bit bonkers though.

He does have a huge amount of chutzpah, that’s true.

Bit aggressive.

Is the first rule of the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids that you don’t talk about the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids?

Not meant aggressively.
Surprised cos stuff like this usually gets thrown in the sea pretty quick on here.

And while obvs I can’t answer anything about whagwan inside the orders, I might be able to answer other questions cos I know them and people like them, like.

Except that that’s not quite what he says.

That‘s the headline version but the more qualified version is different.
Still a bit bonkers though.

He does have a huge amount of chutzpah, that’s true.
It just doesn't feel like something that can be qualified. Either one is the self-declared reincarnation of a non-existent person or one is not.

It just doesn't feel like something that can be qualified. Either one is the self-declared reincarnation of a non-existent person or one is not.

Well he’s not.
Not in the trad sense of reincarnation. He don’t make that claim. Or at least, if he did when the idea first occurred to him he no longer does. It gets translated into that by journos and in short convos. It’s like the Telephone Game version of what he says.

He (mostly) doesn’t strut about acting as if he’s yer actual mythical King Arthur.
It’s more that he’s decided (or felt inspired) to embody and live as an archetype.

But he‘s comfortable with the title, it’s useful, it gets him through doors and into meeting rooms. It gives him a certain weight that he then throws around to make things happen.

Having said that, I have heard him claiming to tourists etc that he is the actual King Arthur.
He can be a mischief maker.

Thank fuck for peculiar interesting non conformist people.

Last edited:
if you sell rendered animal fat

If you fall and cut yourself

If you eschew cash
I think people here are only having a bit of fun.
Nobody is criticising you.
It's your life.
Do whatever feels right for you.
If that means checking out the druids then check them out. But asking here if anyone on urban is a druid? Nobody really discusses these things because its personal information.
And any one person's experience with druids may not be the same as someone else's.

Their website does show quite a lot of info. Maybe check it out and go to a few events that are open to all.

Personally, not for me. I prefer to convene with nature alone and without the sounds of other humans.

No personal experience, but I think my brother might be. Or he will know people who are members as he does tend to move in Druid-y and fellow traveller/Druid adjacent type circles.
I don't see him very often to ask about it though so that's not much use to you.

No personal experience, but I think my brother might be. Or he will know people who are members as he does tend to move in Druid-y and fellow traveller/Druid adjacent type circles.
I don't see him very often to ask about it though so that's not much use to you.
About as much use as druidry will be to the op. If not more.

Back
Top Bottom