Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anti-Fascist Book Help!

Lol, you are very much mistaken mate. I've got no scanner here or I'd put some of it up. I did see some experts with an advert for the book. don't know if it would be appreciated if I posted it on here though?

There's a shop around our way, which stocks this book. What is the deal with it. I couldn't work out if it was written as edgy cultural history, or if it was more ideologically committed.

There's a shop around our way, which stocks this book. What is the deal with it. I couldn't work out if it was written as edgy cultural history, or if it was more ideologically committed.

I last saw Eddie in May marching alongside a dozen boneheads from Lea Bridge roundabout to Clapton Station. To protest against "Jewification". A distance of about 100 yards, with heavy police protection.

The other author wrote a terrible book about Death In June in the 90s.

So one Nazi and one Nazi-fanboy I guess.

It's just more of a history and commentary including various interviews with people involved. Not a propaganda piece, although reasons people got involved in the far-right are mentioned too.

I last saw Eddie in May marching alongside a dozen boneheads from Lea Bridge roundabout to Clapton Station. To protest against "Jewification". A distance of about 100 yards, with heavy police protection.

The other author wrote a terrible book about Death In June in the 90s.

So one Nazi and one Nazi-fanboy I guess.

The other author appears to be a former anarchist. The brother of the singer of the left-wing Oi band 'Hard skin'. Maybe that is why the book is so objective.

The other author appears to be a former anarchist. The brother of the singer of the left-wing Oi band 'Hard skin'. Maybe that is why the book is so objective.

How does Robert Forbes characterise his politics now? Aside from being related to his brother?

no expert, but this sounds like most of it's made up : http://feralhouse.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/WNSM-excerpt-UK-US.pdf

eg : Leeds NF and pisshead Eddie Morrison basically running Leeds Punk scene post 78/79 ?
Definitely exaggerated but the NF did have a toe hold in the punk scene in Leeds at that time and it is fair to say that certain pub venues for a while were considered to be theirs and no go areas for the left or anti fascists. RAC was minute though compared to RAR. I can remember going down to picket the first RAC gig in London , Oxford Street?, with some other anti fascists and it wasn't that big compared to the gigs that we put on and of course they could never pull off anything like the Carnivals. They did hold some events at the 100 Club untill they got banned and some in East London .Joe Pearce was quite heavily involved with RAC as I recall.

Is there anything in the book you seem so keen to paint as "objective" that suggests he considers himself to be anti-fascist?

I do not see how being objective and being anti-fascist co-relate?? What I meant was, the book seems a fairly honest commentary without any pro-fascist propaganda.

Definitely exaggerated but the NF did have a toe hold in the punk scene in Leeds at that time and it is fair to say that certain pub venues for a while were considered to be theirs and no go areas for the left or anti fascists. RAC was minute though compared to RAR. I can remember going down to picket the first RAC gig in London , Oxford Street?, with some other anti fascists and it wasn't that big compared to the gigs that we put on and of course they could never pull off anything like the Carnivals. They did hold some events at the 100 Club untill they got banned and some in East London .Joe Pearce was quite heavily involved with RAC as I recall.

According to the book the first RAC gig was held in Conway Hall. The later Skrewdriver gigs were held at the 100 club in Oxford Street, but they were not actually billed as RAC because Ian Stuart was still in the fascist closet at the time.

I do not see how being objective and being anti-fascist co-relate?? What I meant was, the book seems a fairly honest commentary without any pro-fascist propaganda.

But you think that at least one of the authors being a fascist does make it objective? "Honest" is an entirely different matter, lol.

But you think that at least one of the authors being a fascist does make it objective? "Honest" is an entirely different matter, lol.

Surely objectivity is also honesty? Perhaps if one of the authors hadn't have been a fascist, then the book would not have been able to be written, at least with any authenticity. Let me clarify, what I mean is this book seems to lack the usual bullshit these kind of books are usually full of. Anyone read any of the football hooligan books? "We never got run, we never got done, we did this, we did that, never beaten" etc etc. I'm just interested anyone else's opinion of the book, if they have actually read it.

Last edited:
Tell Eddie he can send it to:

Liam O'Mogarlai
c/o Paul
The Welcome Inn,35 Main St, Forkhill, Newry, County Down BT35 9SQ

And tell him I will look forward to reading/debating it with you. :thumbs:

Tell Eddie he can send it to:

Liam O'Mogarlai
c/o Paul
The Welcome Inn,35 Main St, Forkhill, Newry, County Down BT35 9SQ

And tell him I will look forward to reading/debating it with you. :thumbs:

Will it be reciprocated? What's happening with your book by the way?

Back
Top Bottom