Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts

I am especially annoyed by the bewellied fishmonger who stomps uninvited into some house and spoons some white gloop onto a prawn curry. She then says 'delicious' in a silly way.

If there weren't some mention of fish you'd think it was an ad for the Spunk Marketing Board

No matter who they are for, all of the on-line car ads are doing my head in, whether they're on the radio or the TV.

Youtube definitely using the stick to get me to pay for it.
Even had the ionic detox foot spa yesterday....
And the fake pain patch is still around..
How is this shit even allowed ?
footpatch.png

Last edited:
There's actually only one ad that I see that I actually engage with and try to remember as it's on and that's the 111 ad for the NHS. Worth knowing that is.

Aunt Bessie's.....my nan's blind but we still let her slave away by herself in the kitchen cooking a huge roast dinner for everyone. What an amazing woman she is (and what cunts we all are).

It's not so much that it's annoying in and of itself. It's that they paid someone to come up with the jingle.

The winner has to be.....the new Airbnb as. Some awful people crucifying sweet child o mine. Fuck, it's dreadful.

Northern accents in ads to show how trustworthy the company is :mad: fuck off you're nasty fuckers too

Landan accent from smoothly bearded car salesman :mad: fuck off you're no different either

M&S cheese and pickle 'toasties faux recipe segment . who doesn't know how to make a toasties...apart from the bloke in the advert who pan fries the bread, making it it a US style grilled cheese sandwich.

We have Absolute Radio on at work.

There's always a groan/chortle when the immortal words 'Hi, Phillip Schofield here...' pop up.

That ad with the annoying pretend dialect for buying cars that repeatedly namechecks the company.
"You need fuckwits"
"Fuckwits?"
"Fuckwits?"
"Yes fuckwits.
And you can get fuckwitcover too".

The RNIB have a telly ad on at the moment with a woman telling us about the work she does helping blind people. No issue with that.
But I really don't understand why everything she says is also on the screen as a subtitle.

We don't do adverts at home. Stream sometimes, T.V's mainly for the PS4.

Was up in Northumberland last week, great little cottage, ducks, freshly re-opened village pub. Blue skies very relaxing. Till this fucking brain invader interrupted Frasier and my bacon sandwich

Advertising scum. It was 8.30 in the morning

That's Max Romeo, who provided a certain amount of "inspiration" to The Prodigy.

I think it's the Prodigy, who of course sampled Max Romeo for the original. The bit where the lounge starts to explode has the more ravey bit that Liam added.

Farage ad on YouTube; punting some financial advisory service. I don’t want Mr Margate Toad thrust in my face every time I search for some Chicago house or UK lovers rock. Damn him

Back
Top Bottom