Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts

Here's a way to ensnare the worried well.
You give them all their details and they give you free estimate of what a (paid-for) blood test would reveal....

bllooodtestt.png

In another note, a new hated across the whole family recently is the new asda "oh hi mate, I'm just filming an ad"... Um.... Ad.

It's cloyingly awful.

Don't think I've ever used that word in context before so it must be bad in my eyes

Your Internet history is way worse than mine. And I don't even clear my browser
I'm just amazed at WHERE I'm seeing them - the adverts on YouTube are trawling the depths right now - get rich quick, dreadful tat worthy of Exchange and mart ...

And on Facebook once you take the piss out of religious and woo woo adverts, they show you more and more ...
At the moment it's basement gamers who think anyone over 18 would actually want to watch ...

I'm even more annoyed by the Royale London special elderly homes for over 45s now that I'm 45.

It's not like the weird scam internet ads that I don't click on, "seniors in your area born between 1921-1982 need this product!" always with the same stock image of a delighted white bloke; this is an actual TV ad for actual properties.

I worry about your browsing history

The thing is as one doubtlessly labelled a "lefty SJW"-type, they deliberately target me with adverts attempting to sway me - so fundie religious advertising half the time I watch an atheist video for instance ...
This one was on Facebook ...

addddddy.jpg

wtf4.jpg

Apparently it's Amharic ...

From May Gerka, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
Free Fluorescence
Jump to: navigation, search Let's take a look at some of the most popular ones. The reason is that we are not anointed with oil.
Look at all the things that have changed, the people of Nawarhat Abta Arbaate Kurnae Gezeu Teweshebu, the son of Koluu Melain Ab Geza Konka Misrahn
Nay, but you are the responsibility of the Awarhat Korona, Hadeshti.
Let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here, let's get out of here.
Well, Wala, congratulations to her, you are strong, because of this I swear if you eat, Assambedeni, Gan Wun Koununi.
First of all, look at the transition, look at the situation, look at the work, look at the situation, look at the future, look at the future, look at the future, look at the future, look at the future, look at the future, look at the future.
Nai Wen Abzi Zegatmeni Qelwulaw, Wola Ewen Enteqesse: The spirit of Khadreni was characteristic, the prince Utom Hmakyi Zetsebeyu Tetshabaati Bimwtsae Nizgemmeni Obstacle Segire Kewat, Elamatatein Abmeram Kerkeb Kiile.
You've been robbed, you've been robbed. "Let me read it from the heart, but let the camel go," he continued, congratulating me.
If I eat the Kabbalah, I will be comforted by the protection of the Father.

That fucking invest in a footballer 'game' - £100 fucking quid deposit and you get your money back "up to 500 fucking pounds" wtaf? :mad:

Pretty much any ad which tries to be all profound and emotional, like selling bog roll or whatever is of the same urgency as raising money for UNICEF.Also, that laid-back, sunlit, modern plaza-filled CGI city that appears in ads for lots of different things (recently Churchill Insurance).

Those 'a splash of the bold' adverts for Trivento wine. Mainly annoying for being so prolific, and in my case because they worked. I try not to be swayed by advertising - it's all bullshit, ultimately - but my local Sainsbury's had Trivento Malbec on special offer the other week so I bought a bottle, and found it's very nice.

Not sure about the co-op 'app for repeat prescriptions' - I quite like the co-op but does this mean your local surgery doesn't get the money? :hmm:

there was a protest recently to stop a pharmacy opening up in the local village which would have taken trade away from the surgery because people are supposed to use the nearest pharmacy nomatter who it is.

Not sure about the co-op 'app for repeat prescriptions' - I quite like the co-op but does this mean your local surgery doesn't get the money? :hmm:

there was a protest recently to stop a pharmacy opening up in the local village which would have taken trade away from the surgery because people are supposed to use the nearest pharmacy nomatter who it is.
In what way?, Our GP issues repeat prescriptions over t'web and they go straight to the pharmacy but you do get a choice to set up (and change) which one you want. I use the village one since it's easy walking distance.
If you go see them they won't give a paper prescription but send it to the pharmacy instead. But the last time I saw him he did ask if I wanted it to go to my regular one given there were 3 or 4 closer to the surgery than that.

not sure about your situation but when pharmacy wanted to set up in local village, and I think I'd have been forced to go to them, there was a local protest that it would take trade away from surgery. The pharmacy eventually didn't open.

Back
Top Bottom