Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts

Not exactly an advert, but related: because of the furore it has raised, they keep re-advertising that show about the Post Office scandal. I go apoplectic every time the voiceover calls it "Mr. Bates verse the Post Office," and can never prevent myself screaming, "Versus!" :mad:

Dell AI - woman gets stained and slightly ragged family recipe reconstructed using Dell AI, cooks the dish for presumably her father or grandfather (someone close to the person who wrote down the recipe), makes him cry - I like to imagine he's crying because she can't cook and has completely ballsed up the dish :D
Yes I am a bad person.

Haribo...

A pair of northern Irish fishermen on Loch ness
Why shouldn't N Irish anglers be on Loch Ness? As much as the ad irritates me it isn't for this reason, so I'm curious to know how you perceive the ad.

I hate all those adverts with kids voices dubbed over adult actors ... and the current rash of fabric conditioner / air freshness / washing powder adverts are really annoying.

As yet, I have managed to avoid any political rubbish trying to persuade me to vote in any particular way ...

Not exactly an advert, but related: because of the furore it has raised, they keep re-advertising that show about the Post Office scandal. I go apoplectic every time the voiceover calls it "Mr. Bates verse the Post Office," and can never prevent myself screaming, "Versus!" :mad:
Odd to encounter this in the UK.
There's a YouTuber I like who does it and it grates.
See also "bias" when they mean biased..
It's definitely up there with "wouldn't OF"....

Oh and Americans also don't use "AN" - and say "couple things" as opposed to couple OF things...

Oh and doing GOOD when they mean well ...

I've learned to accept that tenENT is a viable alternative to tenET

I hate all those adverts with kids voices dubbed over adult actors ... and the current rash of fabric conditioner / air freshness / washing powder adverts are really annoying.

As yet, I have managed to avoid any political rubbish trying to persuade me to vote in any particular way ...
Manage to avoid most adverts but confused and annoyed by all the cleaning adverts at half time when watching the football I don’t get the demographic. Not to mention the visitors attending and are so impressed with smell of the cleaning it morphs into an annoying party and now I’m on one the amount of adverts that have dancing and surely the latest trend that has demeaning “ hip “ eighties black music tropes if I were black I would be really offended by being characterised as clownish hip hop guys with stupid haircuts

Back
Top Bottom