Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts

This may be the most disgusting "diet" advert yet - yours for only £199 in three installments for very few calories ...

View attachment 350694
That ones horrenddous and ridiculously overpriced for whats basically no food.
Especially bad since you could probably put that kit together for about a fiver and it would be better to just go ask in a group and someone would give you a list lol.

It's been quite a day for it.
I sometimes choose to disable adblocking for FB ...

spell.png

Glucocaphin is basically broccoli - or any other cruciferous green ...

morebollocks.png

Detox soup - WTAF

foodbollocks.png

Getting sick of these "I've got verisure too" adverts. In the latest one the guy says "I'm protecting all this" but all you can see is the corner of an old style CRT television. Dude not even the hardest up crack addict would steal a CRT fucking TV these days :rolleyes:

In their emaciated state, they wouldn't have the strength to carry it away. :)

I have absolutely had it to the back teeth with this fascination in some adverts to take an uptempo or mid tempo song, slow it down to death, put a female vocalist on it who sounds like she's uttering her last words on her death bed ala the current advert with Yazoo's Only You.

I am just waiting for the day when someone does it to Motorhead's The ace of spades or Black Sabbath's Paranoid. It will be the last straw in life from which I will finally snap :mad:

The adverts that drive me to insane fury are the 'Gambleaware' ones.

If they had the slightest interest in the wellbeing of their 'clients', they would shut their rapacious fucking businesses, who compound the harm they do society by basing offshore.

The current Argos ad: I don´t so much hate it, as am utterly baffled by it. There must have been some serious stimulants going round in the "creative" session when they came up with "blonde puppet with hair down to her ankles matchmakes a toy dragon and a cushion."

The current Argos ad: I don´t so much hate it, as am utterly baffled by it. There must have been some serious stimulants going round in the "creative" session when they came up with "blonde puppet with hair down to her ankles matchmakes a toy dragon and a cushion."

I had to youtube this, and yes it is very odd.

I reckon half of these advert creaters are on the sniff. Half of them are so fucking high they think that their adverts are the works of Shakespeare or something :rolleyes:

The Comfort fabric softener ad that features a rollerskating girl farting out blue clouds wherever she goes. Did nobody view the rough cut and say "hmmm, looks like she's guffing up a storm"?

The metro newspaper a few days ago didn't seem to have any ads at all. Just big areas of plain green and whole pages of plain green, with one of those QR codes in the corner. Pages and pages all the same plain green with what looks to my untrained eye the same code in the corner. What the fuck was that about?

Royal match. That's one hell of a marketing spend largely putting adverts in other games telling you there are no adverts in their game
that the one with all the celebs? crazy how much money they appear to have to spend unless Cowell and co are paying off gambling debts.

Not really related, but I got a "hygiene" warning on Yougov. for skipping a survey question about computer games publishers.
I have never played one - and if I'd ever answered a question like that, it would be because "Sony" or "Warner" might have been part of the name -not from any familiarity with the brand...
I'm not sure why I bother with Yougov - I think I was annoyed once that my outlier position was not being represented...

A work colleague claimed to actually do it for the money and was able to get through the surveys with no consideration or effort ...

The current National Lottery campaign featuring people who lose a lottery ticket on public transport or wherever that turns out to be the jackpot winner, and the person who found it going out of their way to track them down and return it to them.

Yes, it’d be great if we lived in that world, but we don’t so fuck off already with that soppy shit.

Oh my fucking god, I've just seen the PGTips Gogglebox advert. That's the most irritating thing I've seen in years!

The NHS workers frontline care advert (some kind of charity providing support and therapy for NHS staff who have mental health issues I think)

One bit says “many NHS workers are sicker than their patients, not that they’d ever show it”. Think it’s tragic that this is an advert for a charity and that their own employer can’t or won’t help them. And somewhere some Tory or NHS boss probably thinks the fact that their staff are working when sick is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom