Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Annoying Adverts 2019

I'm sure I've posted it before on here but watching The Simpsons in NYC in 1997 there were 3 ad breaks during the programme and one between the end of it and the credits.

Fucking grammarly on YouTube.
"You too can write essays as cliched as 1990s PowerPoint presentations"

I confess I need something like that in French for writing formal letters... I refuse to write formal letters in English so haven't a clue.

That Samsung advert where people spontaneously offer to wirelessly charge up other some other random member of the public's phone by placing their exact same model of phone on top of the others.

Yeah right like that's ever gonna be a thing.

Glad that the Trivago bint seems to have died a bit of a death..

Not annoying but am quietly enjoying the (Heineken..? Ooh no, just googled: All that advertising mega-budget wasted on me, as is, in fact: Strongbow ) ad with the band in the pub singing 'Electric Dreams'. Yeah, was wondering: did they find an honest band in the pub or was this a starry, stroppy, session-singer-style staging..?

Do you recognise the Gateshead pub in the latest Strongbow advert?

The Welsh lad asking the Fosters surfers for advice. It'd be annoying enough if it were infrequent, but it's all the effing time on the ITV player.

I bought some flowers from Serena Flowers recently; never again. Their damned adverts keep crashing in on whatever I'm watching but especially when I'm watching a classical music concert on Utube.

I am totally sick of those funeral plan ads! I am fully aware of my own mortality but don't want to be constantly reminded of it. They are like circling vultures! I also record and fast forward as much as I can but you can't always plan ahead. Perhaps it wouldn't bother someone who is young but the older you get the more annoying and dire it becomes.

I am totally sick of those funeral plan ads! I am fully aware of my own mortality but don't want to be constantly reminded of it. They are like circling vultures! I also record and fast forward as much as I can but you can't always plan ahead. Perhaps it wouldn't bother someone who is young but the older you get the more annoying and dire it becomes.
And speaking as an ageing atheist with no dependants I struggle to care what they do with me if I don't manage to arrange my own sky burial or composting or simply getting eaten by my neighbour's cats or random wildlife...

I hope my (hopefully) French neighbours don't give me the whole bells and smells deal...

For a while I thought of heading out to sea in a leaky boat with an anchor tied to my waist and a bottle or two of my best claret ...

Last edited:
I just had an unusually trashy advert on Youtube.
Due to my interests I get a lot of industrial adverts which can be interesting.
I would love to find some way of killing the grammarly ones ...

Take the chicken, go back for the fox. Oh hang on, take the fox go back for the chicken!
Aaargh, it's bad enough I thought it was going to be one of those army (born in Leeds, made in the forces shite *) recruitment ads. No, it's barclays Bank shite instead. :mad:

*if you can fix a pushbike, you can mend an aircraft carrier. Oh yeh.
Yeah, if she was that good at solving problems why didn't she stay in the car to move the wind turbine? She was doing it remotely anyway.

I'm glad they banned that gender stereotyped baby milk advert. That fucking thing made me shout at the TV if it was on.

Posted today 25th June.
Just so much wrong with this advert ... though at least it gives the location.

wtfadvert.png

Back
Top Bottom