Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Hasn't anyone yet commented on the whole 'angelic' phenomenon?

There are many personal reports from Suria about strange sightings (usually by
free-army fighters). They're always 'inspiring' in some sense. I just think that it's worth commenting on because it has inspired many foreign fighters. Also, it relates to the semiology and psychology of the religious dimension of the war.

Here is a video. This has made the rounds in Arab countries for months now.

not happy about posting this - no corroboration, and i'm not even sure where the story started - but theres a rumour going round that Assad has been shot, but not killed, by one of his bodyguards.

almost certainly bollocks, and nothing - except Rick Astley videos - on Sky, BBC etc...

kebabking said:
not happy about posting this - no corroboration, and i'm not even sure where the story started - but theres a rumour going round that Assad has been shot, but not killed, by one of his bodyguards.

almost certainly bollocks, and nothing - except Rick Astley videos - on Sky, BBC etc...

People are asking about it on Twitter, but I've seen no sources; only people repeating the rumour. No idea where it started. @UnlearningEconomics is the first I saw repeat the question.

Hasn't anyone yet commented on the whole 'angelic' phenomenon?

There are many personal reports from Suria about strange sightings (usually by
free-army fighters). They're always 'inspiring' in some sense. I just think that it's worth commenting on because it has inspired many foreign fighters. Also, it relates to the semiology and psychology of the religious dimension of the war.

Here is a video. This has made the rounds in Arab countries for months now.

LOL. How stupid are these people? :D

This is a thread about Syria. Your contribution is that a C4 news report was a bit grim. It probably was but best thing is just don't think about it. Or better still, make a point or something. We know 'It's grim in Aleppo'.

LOL. How stupid are these people? :D

He walks so casually past a sniper point! He's much stronger than his posture suggests, his stride uninterrupted as he grasps the corpse of a heavier man. Even his radiant glow is like something incarnate from another realm. . . Do you not see?

Without a claim to prophecy, we cannot say we have witnessed an angel. Yet, why should such an appearence accompany the final stand of the last deformed Arabist regime that is still holding onto power in Damascus?

A muslim friend was complaining her facebook account is full of the most horrific images and video shot in syria and endlessly reposted by so called "supporters" of syria

Even if I got closer enough with say a javalin anti tank missile ( its fire and forget point and click death out to 4k)
Saddat getting his isnt changing anything at this stage :(
We can look fwd to another 10 years of murder and ayhem in syria.

He walks so casually past a sniper point! He's much stronger than his posture suggests, his stride uninterrupted as he grasps the corpse of a heavier man. Even his radiant glow is like something incarnate from another realm. . . Do you not see?

are you an idiot?

So, apparently the regime may have used chemical weapons (sarin gas) against the rebels.

Israel's intelligence agency certainly makes this claim although the USA is yet to agree.

Does this change the nature of the conflict, does it make outside intervention more likely?

So, apparently the regime may have used chemical weapons (sarin gas) against the rebels.

Israel's intelligence agency certainly makes this claim although the USA is yet to agree.

Does this change the nature of the conflict, does it make outside intervention more likely?
Link?

Seems unlikely that the U.S. will get directly involved, the magnitude of the task is probably beyond even them and the potential quagmire even bigger than Aghanistan and Iraq. Plus the Russians most probably have been making 'don't even think about it' noises offstage.

Israel obviously hopes so.

Back
Top Bottom