Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Watching the news tonight and it showed regime and Russian airstrikes on DAESH held territory.
There was about seven, as opposed to "moderate held territories' where the air strike symbols actually blanked out the territorial borders and as most on here will now have realised these air strikes are being aimed at hospitals and related health facilities plus general civilian areas.
Either the West hardens it's opposition or just gets the fuck out of Dodge, but it needs to get its act together one way or the other, it's dithering is just adding to the suffering.

here is a new(ish) map that I saw earlier.

e2a It's a bit weird really as it does not seem to show regime-controlled areas, at least from they key as far as I understand it.

Did it, where was that then?
BBC 10 o'clock news.
Can't pull it up on me I Pad, but even if the BBC was being biased, it gives the lie ( if any was needed) that Russia's involvement is all about supporting Putin, rather than the suppression of terrorism.

Seriously guys, it's fucking pointless trying to discuss things with him. All it's doing is making the thread even more of a care crash than it is already. Point out his lies for other posters sure but otherwise you're best of just ignoring the fool.

Yes indeed, point out how that article wasn't a steaming pile of horseshit. How Russia is bogged down in the Syrian quagmire, how the writers suggestions are just brilliant.

Fill your boots.

She was saying powers that be think that doctors save lives and if you kill a single doctor, you are theoratically killing dozens of people that doctor may have saved. Not pleasant but reality.

Here you go, it's somewhere in here 16/02/2016, Up All Night - BBC Radio 5 live

"Last year was the worst yet for attacks on hospitals in the war zone of eastern Syria - but why have medical facilities become targets in the conflict?"

This is much more pertinent Physicians for Human Rights - Syria: Attacks on Doctors, Patients, and Hospitals

"The attacks on Syria’s medical community are alarming. PHR received evidence that government forces

• deny wounded civilians impartial medical treatment;
  • invade, attack, and misuse hospitals;
  • attack and impede medical transport; and
  • detain and torture doctors for treating wounded civilians.
These circumstances have spawned an underground health network, which faces a unique set of challenges as it struggles to provide care for civilians."

The report about the hospitals this morning said that in one place where a hospiatl was bombed, those in urgent need of medical help should head to Turkey thats if they could manage to survive the trek. They then went on to say that this was no longer possible as the road to Turkey had been bombed :facepalm:

A friend recently tried to convince me that the "d" at the end of Assad's name is pronounced as a "t", German-style, and that the correct phonetic pronunciation is "ass-hat".
No wonder CR cheerleads him!

Heard today an opinion that the reason behind the Syrian conflict was Assad's refusal to allow Qatar to run a pipeline thru Syrian territory and that his removal was then deemed the only option for the future of this said economic project.

Can someone confirm or refute this for me?

Is this a pipeline war?

Are the opposition mainly mercenaries?

Heard today an opinion that the reason behind the Syrian conflict was Assad's refusal to allow Qatar to run a pipeline thru Syrian territory and that his removal was then deemed the only option for the future of this said economic project.

Is this a pipeline war?

The opposition are paid by a plethora of foreign sources , saudi, Qatari , French, Turkish, American...all with differing agendas . For the Qataris a pipeline may have been the issue. Originally...the Qataris wre put in their box by the saudis some time back and now theyre onside with them and doing what theyre told . For the Turks..other stuff. And so on. Which was and is why so many of them have been routinely killing each other at the behest of their respective backers and wrecking Syria in the process.

You had a situation with the yanks were the pentagon was fronting one outfit and the CIA supporting others..and they were killing each other at the same time .

So yeah, the term mercenary fits for quite a lot of them . It's like the chaos of the hundred year war . Shifting allegiances all over the place .

Wow - who to believe :)

This is just a shit proxy war, it's getting even worse now and I didn't think that was possible a while ago.

There is going to be a massive fucked up shitstorm soon. The Saudi's can fuck off as well.

Last edited:

Is this a pipeline war?

The answer is towards the end of this link.

From Russia, with Lavrov: Explaining the Russian Misadventure in Syria and How It Can Benefit the US
As for mercenaries, most of them are to be found in Assad's camp.

The answer is towards the end of this link.

From Russia, with Lavrov: Explaining the Russian Misadventure in Syria and How It Can Benefit the US
As for mercenaries, most of them are to be found in Assad's camp.

The answers not there, it's a shit article . And Assads camp are united . If you look at the other camp though you have people paid by the Americans told to kill those paid by the Saudis, who tell theirs to kill those paid by the qataris Who tell theirs to kill those paid by the Turks, the yanks, etc etc . All over the show. Mercenaries the lot of them .

The answers not there, it's a shit article . And Assads camp are united . If you look at the other camp though you have people paid by the Americans told to kill those paid by the Saudis, who tell theirs to kill those paid by the qataris Who tell theirs to kill those paid by the Turks, the yanks, etc etc . All over the show. Mercenaries the lot of them .

And the Iranians? the assorted ragbag of afghans etc on Assads payroll? And primarily the Russians.
Gives the lie to your assertion of a loyal committed Syrian military prepared to die for their president, c'mon a month or so ago it looked like Assad had no option to end up like Saddam or Gaddafi or a quick bailout to Russia or one of its allies, now thanks to his Russian and Iranian mates he is on a roll.
Aye, " both camps" are a bunch of self serving bastards, but the Western "camp" isn't the one deliberately targeting hospitals and the general civilian population.

Back
Top Bottom