Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Weird that eh.

And fuck you Hamedani - for all the revolutionaries you killed in the late 70s and early 80s, the all people beat to death tortured or faced a life of terror through your basiji, for the people now reclaiming their lives in iran and syria whilst you lose yours - fuck you.

Just read about Hamedani, wow that is huge. I wonder why or how someone so prominent was put in a position where they could even be targeted by ISIS.

Just read about Hamedani, wow that is huge. I wonder why or how someone so prominent was put in a position where they could even be targeted by ISIS.

TBH the price on his head was probably ludicrously high, given what has happened over the past couple of weeks and who he has annoyed.

Although the Assad regime undoubtedly responded to the firebombing of the Baath Party headquarters in Daraa in mid-March 2011 with excessive force, an armed struggle against the regime began almost immediately. In late March or early April, a well-planned ambush of Syrian troops killed at least two dozen soldiers near the same city. Other killings of troops took place in April in other cities, including Daraa, where 19 soldiers were gunned down. During the second half of 2011 and through 2012, thousands of foreign jihadists streamed into Syria. As early as November 2011, al-Qaida was playing a central role in the war, carrying out spectacular suicide bombings in Damascus and Aleppo

Why the U.S. Owns the Rise of Islamic State and the Syria Disaster

Interesting to note the increasing trend for significant volumes of commercial air traffic between Europe/North America and the Gulf/Indian Ocean/SE Asia (certain carriers in particular) to route over the Mediterranean-Egypt-Saudi Arabia as oppose to skirting Syria on the Turkey-Iran route (several air traffic authorities have issued NOTAMs in the last few days suggesting the area be given a wide berth). Difference between the same time this morning last week and today:
nr2.jpg
Particular routes and carriers:
nr1.jpg
Some traffic is staying further north, passing through the 'stans' (whilst a significant volume, mainly to/from the 'Far East', continues to route much further north over Russia as it has done for the last couple of decades plus).

Interesting to note the increasing trend for significant volumes of commercial air traffic between Europe/North America and the Gulf/Indian Ocean/SE Asia (certain carriers in particular) to route over the Mediterranean-Egypt-Saudi Arabia as oppose to skirting Syria on the Turkey-Iran route...

lessons learned from MH17 over Ukraine perhaps?

the Daily Fail and the Expressly shit are reporting unconfirmed - by anyone - rumours that Turkisk fighters (F-16's) have shot down a non-Turkish fast jet.

what passes for evidence from these august rags is someone seeing three fast jets fly in/near Turkish air space and there being a large explosion/fireball on the ground as they did so.

they also claim that Turkisk jets have been 'locked up' by the radar systems of non-NATO aircraft on the other side of the border. 'locking-up' is switching from the 'scan' mode to fire control mode and slaving a missile to that radar. its not considered a friendly act...

quite how true any of this is we shall see...

E2A: as someone mote observant than me has noted, this 'report' is more than a day old, and as WW3 hasn't broken out, we can safely assume it was bollocks.

Last edited:
the Daily Fail and the Expressly shit are reporting unconfirmed - by anyone - rumours that Turkisk fighters (F-16's) have shot down a non-Turkish fast jet.

what passes for evidence from these august rags is someone seeing three fast jets fly in/near Turkish air space and there being a large explosion/fireball on the ground as they did so.

they also claim that Turkisk jets have been 'locked up' by the radar systems of non-NATO aircraft on the other side of the border. 'locking-up' is switching from the 'scan' mode to fire control mode and slaving a missile to that radar. its not considered a friendly act...

E2A: as someone mote observant than me has noted, this 'report' is more than a day old, and as WW3 hasn't broken out, we can safely assume it was bollocks.

Russia is said to have shot down two US cruise missiles targeted at Damascus back in September, stuff goes down we won't necessarily hear about.

The Head of the Russian Intelligence Service contacted US intelligence and informed it that 'hitting Damascus means hitting Moscow, and we have removed the term 'downed the two missiles' from the statement to preserve the bilateral relations and to avoid escalation. Therefore, you must immediately reconsider your policies, approaches and intentions on the Syrian crisis, as you must be certain that you cannot eliminate our presence in the Mediterranean.

aangirfan: 'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES' <-only source I could find on this claim.

This is quite an illuminating piece from RT as regards the source of these Syrian war casualty claims, the oft quoted Syrian Observatory for human rights . Which is used as an impeccable source by CNN , BBC etc. by virtually every major western news outlet in fact .
The " observatory " though seems to be little more than a geezer in a 2 bedroom semi in Coventry , who hates Assad .

Well done RT for pointing this out . I'm quite surprised its actually taken this long mind . That geezer , in a 2 bedroom semi in coventry , has been the primary quoted western news source for 4 bloody years now . And nobody's even batted a eyelid .

Needless to say the geezer refuses to answer any questions on where he gets the sources for his claims , because " people are trying to kill him ".

I've no idea if any of this is true, but advertising a person's home address on international TV when the topic is such a dangerous one is pretty fucking irresponsible.

Anyone know if there is any substance to these claims?

China's navy vessels, including the aircraft carrier Liaoning, have reportedly been spotted somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea apparently preparing for action in Syria.

Pretty grim if true.

Pretty grim if true.

in this case, the absence of evidence is evidence - if the PLAAN (a developing navy that is still crawling with regard to carrier aviation and 'blue water', very long range deployments) had put its one aircraft carrier, and presumably both the logistics ships to support it, and the defensive ships to keep an extremely expensive and politically valuable asset safe off the coast of a civil that might go into an international war at the drop of a hat, 12,000 miles from port, then pretty much every NATO naval vesel and maritime reconaisance aircraft would be in the eastern med. not to mention that every camera and internet connection within 50 miles of the Suez canal would have melted through over use...

i'm no China watcher, but for me intervention in a civil war thousands of miles from its land borders with less than certain results does not fit Chinas' slow, steady, baby-steps approach to flexing and developing its military and diplomatic muscle.

MP's from both sides of the house (Andrew Mitchell an Jo Cox) attempt to make the case 'ethically' no, really, :( for UK military involvement in Syria.

British forces could help achieve an ethical solution in Syria

For what it's worth I think my MP much as I don't think too much of him is going to vote against. I've had a letter back from him which seems to say as much. I would urge anyone and everyone to lobby their MP's in advance of the vote to attempt to persuade them of the folly of of this course.

The Tories want war. Tell them: Don't bomb Syria.

I won't click that source but I will point out that its a blog I have unfortunately visited in the past that was riddled with antisemitic scum.
Not the comments eithere =- an exzample of the content they choose puboish and support:

THE BIG SECRET - THEY'RE ALL JEWS

How do the top Jews get away with murdering so many people?

John Paul II was a Jew.

The Jewish Mafia likes to control everything, including the Catholic Church, the Protestant churches, and Islam.

The late Pope John Paul II's mother (Emily Katz), grandmother and great-grandmother were Jewish.

Jesus said to the Jews:

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning... he is a liar and the father of lies."

Reportedly, the Apostle Paul was a "Jewish agent" who infiltrated Christianity to make sure it was controlled by the Jews. [8]

(Note the direct similiariy with this camo clowns 'said' and this 'reportedy')

Great stuff again camo. Great stuff. Wallowing in flith.

Bullshit

Russia is said to have shot down two US cruise missiles targeted at Damascus back in September, stuff goes down we won't necessarily hear about.

aangirfan: 'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES' <-only source I could find on this claim.
Bullshit

Pretty grim if true.
and Bullshit

Bullshit

Bullshit

and Bullshit

Fair play- I'd appreciate it if you can elucidate as to why you're so sure it's a string of bullshit? I only found that one ultimate source on this claim about the cruise missiles being shot down, but frankly I still found it concerning (well, within the whole overall set of Syria related concern obviously).

Fair play- I'd appreciate it if you can elucidate as to why you're so sure it's a string of bullshit? I only found that one ultimate source on this claim about the cruise missiles being shot down, but frankly I still found it concerning (well, within the whole overall set of Syria related concern obviously).
As far as the missiles are concerned I was in Damascus last month as I am now and firstly the reaction to any such action was not there (and believe me if the Russians had shot down 2 US cruise missiles the reaction from this side would have been extreme). Added to that I have access to briefings that you don't and a very nice woman working for me who does media analysis and that did not appear on the radar whatsoever. I can state with a large degree of certainty that the story is a big steaming pile.

Syrian Democratic Forces announced - Kurdish, Arab, Assyrian united front & joint command, challenging the 'two choices - Assad or ISIS' dichotomy. Twitter suggests they'll be NATO backed, but I can't currently see a source for that.

Statement from seemingly verifiable YPG account.

image.jpg

As far as the missiles are concerned...

Quite possibly some has misinterpreted or wilfully twisted this story - which was apparently an anti-missile test, on 03 September, conducted by the US and Israel in the eastern Med - "Israel announced that it had carried out a joint missile test with the US in the Mediterranean, using a missile designed to shoot down incoming missiles".

Quite possibly some has misinterpreted or wilfully twisted this story - which was apparently an anti-missile test, on 03 September, conducted by the US and Israel in the eastern Med - "Israel announced that it had carried out a joint missile test with the US in the Mediterranean, using a missile designed to shoot down incoming missiles".
Quite possibly, facts do tend to get twisted here!

Back
Top Bottom