Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

C4 News reporting that Kerry flies in tomorrow to kick some ass over Syria/refugees.

The US is going to offer refuge to 200,000 people displaced by it's never ending wars? Or is he just coming here to blame and lecture?

The Russian build-up is very interesting. Are they there to fight along the regime's troops or are they just there to deter USA etc from their obvious goal of regime change, or both perhaps?

I'd be very surprised if Russia were to allow itself to get drawn into this civil war beyond supplying arms and training.

I think air power and artillery direction and co ordination along with signals intel and electronic warfare are going to feature .

But like I said earlier , they can't be ignored . The NATO states will have to recognise their coalition, and with that the Syrian state which will dominate that coalition . They're making political facts on the ground alongside military ones .

The Russian build-up is very interesting. Are they there to fight along the regime's troops or are they just there to deter USA etc from their obvious goal of regime change, or both perhaps?

I'd be very surprised if Russia were to allow itself to get drawn into this civil war beyond supplying arms and training.
Russia, just like armed interventionists everywhere are not immune to mission creep...
Expect more militancy in the Caucasus now that Putins direct hand hurts Jihadis...
Thus justifying greater involvement against the "cause" of the problem.....
Plus ca change, etc

I'm sure this must have been posted somewhere in this thread by now..
  • Al-Qaeda drives the opposition in Syria
  • The West identifies with the opposition
  • The establishment of a nascent Islamic State became a reality only with the rise of the Syrian insurgency (there is no mention of U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq as a catalyst for Islamic State’s rise, which is the contention of innumerable politicians and pundits; see section 4.D. below)
  • The establishment of a “Salafist Principality” in Eastern Syria is “exactly” what the external powers supporting the opposition want (identified as “the West, Gulf Countries, and Turkey”) in order to weaken the Assad government
  • “Safe havens” are suggested in areas conquered by Islamic insurgents along the lines of the Libyan model (which translates to so-called no-fly zones as a first act of ‘humanitarian war’; see 7.B.)
  • Iraq is identified with “Shia expansion” (8.C)
  • A Sunni “Islamic State” could be devastating to “unifying Iraq” and could lead to “the renewing facilitation of terrorist elements from all over the Arab world entering into Iraqi Arena.”
  • 8.C. IF THE SITUATION UNRAVELS THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OFESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME, WHICH IS CONSIDERED THE STRATEGIC DEPTH OF THE SHIA EXPANSION (IRAQ AND IRAN)
http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-con...12-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf

It's this sort of thing that makes it impossible to watch or read "news" without endless bottles of Zubrowka and inevitably a puke bucket.

The 'Shia Expansion' by the way is one of those special terms like 'Russian Aggression' or 'Houthi Aggression', a kind of load-bearing wall for whatever rational is being constructed this time.

Last edited:
From Lions of Liberty on Facebook:

Syrian Refugee who was tripped by a Hungarian journalist is in fact a Jihadist of Al-Qaeda affiliated group (Jabhat Al Nusra) who has blood of more than 50 kurds on his hand. Osama Abdul Mohsen, was welcomed by Real Madrid FC, now has a job and a house in Spain but he was earlier today identified by PYD as a jihadist who was involved directly in massacring over 50 Kurds.

This rumour has been circulating for a few days now. If it is true no doubt the PYD will issue a statement.

Perhaps it is true, but all I can say with any degree of certainty right now is that most of the websites that have reported related rumours about him are a shower of shits. Libertarian shits, conservative shits, islamophobic and anti-immigration shits, etc.

There might be evidence that he had a black flag and a free syria flag on his Facebook profile, but its hard to be totally sure about this and if it is true then I would want to bear it in mind but not get carried away with it without further evidence of something more sinister.

Having said all that, I'm really struggling to find online rumours about him that go as far as the thing you quoted. Putting the quote you gave into google gives me nothing, and I can't find it on the Lions of Liberty Facebook page either. Nor does googling his name and 50 kurds, though search engines like google can be crap when a name is all over mainstream news sites in recent days.

The 'Shia Expansion' by the way is one of those special terms like 'Russian Aggression' or 'Houthi Aggression', a kind of load-bearing wall for whatever rational is being constructed this time.

A late 2006 diplomatic cable that was leaked by wikileaks has this:

-- PLAY ON SUNNI FEARS OF IRANIAN INFLUENCE: There are fears in Syria that the Iranians are active in both Shia proselytizing and conversion of, mostly poor, Sunnis. Though often exaggerated, such fears reflect an element of the Sunni community in Syria that is increasingly upset by and focused on the spread of Iranian influence in their country through activities ranging from mosque construction to business. Both the local Egyptian and Saudi missions here, (as well as prominent Syrian Sunni religious leaders), are giving increasing attention to the matter and we should coordinate more closely with their governments on ways to better publicize and focus regional attention on the issue.

Perhaps it is true, but all I can say with any degree of certainty right now is that most of the websites that have reported related rumours about him are a shower of shits. Libertarian shits, conservative shits, islamophobic and anti-immigration shits, etc.

There might be evidence that he had a black flag and a free syria flag on his Facebook profile, but its hard to be totally sure about this and if it is true then I would want to bear it in mind but not get carried away with it without further evidence of something more sinister.

Having said all that, I'm really struggling to find online rumours about him that go as far as the thing you quoted. Putting the quote you gave into google gives me nothing, and I can't find it on the Lions of Liberty Facebook page either. Nor does googling his name and 50 kurds, though search engines like google can be crap when a name is all over mainstream news sites in recent days.

They are mostly coming from Kurdish and Syrian friends on my Facebook. There is one person (friend of a friend) who has posted 4 or 5 examples of refugees who are actually jihadists or Assad thugs. I don't know him personally so I am reluctant to share them until they are verified, but he does appear to be a Syrian activist.

I just messaged another friend from Quamishli who speaks better English (he lives in Birmingham now) and asked him what the article on the PYD website said, this is his response.

This man who Spain give be coach for the football, he was in 2004 in Qamishlo my city was football between him team and my city team, he was the reason for killed more then 60 Kurdish people, and after 2011 when the revolution in Syria start it he enjoyed with terrorist fighter like cibhat alnusra,my be my spell is wrong, and the writer said how spaain can give this terrorist
He is Arabic from dear alzour far from Qamishlo my city about 3 hours drive

I asked him if it was definitely the same man and he said "yes, we know him".

I guess it was bound to happen, with the number of people coming over.

I just messaged another friend from Quamishli who speaks better English (he lives in Birmingham now) and asked him what the article on the PYD website said, this is his response.

I asked him if it was definitely the same man and he said "yes, we know him".

I guess it was bound to happen, with the number of people coming over.
Yeah, I've been quite annoyed with people on Facebook and the like saying it won't. It is quite possible to argue against the close the borders dickheads without looking as if you live in a fantasy land where the big gang of rapists and beheaders or their sympathisers would be unable or unwilling to exploit a humanitarian crisis.

This Syrian government advisor, Dr Bouthaina Shabaan , does quite an admirable job here on Australian telly demolishing the habitual lies and tropes at the heart of western propaganda on Syria . She doesn't let that weed of a presenter away with anything, despite his repeated interruptions and evasions . Nice one .

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Back
Top Bottom