Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

American Civil War II

ItWillNeverWork

Messy Crimbobs, fellow humans.
So what do you reckon? 2017, 2018, or later? I reckon a few small towns in the mountains will be occupied by gun-nut militias in 2017 if Trump loses. They will be easily put down by the federal authorities, leading to a lasting resentment that will bubble over at a later date. On the other hand, maybe nothing will happen and love will break out.

So what do you reckon? 2017, 2018, or later? I reckon a few small towns in the mountains will be occupied by gun-nut militias in 2017 if Trump loses. They will be easily put down by the federal authorities, leading to a lasting resentment that will bubble over at a later date. On the other hand, maybe nothing will happen and love will break out.

Nope.

No there wont be unrest just like there wasn't when Obama didn't come for their guns and to put them in fema death camps.

<tongue in cheek>Maybe we should start a few FEMA death camps. Some of the folks on the far right were so sad when no one came for them. I'd hate to disappoint them again. There's nothing worse than thinking you're a rebel and finding that you're really irrelevant. </tongue in cheek>

<tongue in cheek>Maybe we should start a few FEMA death camps. Some of the folks on the far right were so sad when no one came for them. I'd hate to disappoint them again. There's nothing worse than thinking you're a rebel and finding that you're really irrelevant. </tongue in cheek>

Honestly rounding them up, shaving their heads and making them get barcode tattoos might just cheer some of them up.

I looked at my America cousins faceache page today one of her friends was fearful of being rounded up.

None of the above.

Depends if there's anything good to watch on tv. Maybe if there's nothing much on then armed militias of oldish white folks will start roaming the land, looking a bit fed up.

Homegrown terrorism is more of a possibility, imo. Americans can see on tv how cops shoot black people - right-wingers don't want to get on the receiving end of that sort of action, as a result of their taking to the streets and shooting the place up.

Homegrown terrorism is more of a possibility, imo. Americans can see on tv how cops shoot black people - right-wingers don't want to get on the receiving end of that sort of action, as a result of their taking to the streets and shooting the place up.
No change then, basically. Hasn't the US effectively been in a state of low-level civil war for decades?

No the right didn't explode with violence with Obama did even get a decent assassination attempt. With one side expecting them to try and the other side sort of calling for it ( Or trying too without being arrested how is that patriot act now?)
What are they going to fight over gay marriage? abortion? It not being the 1950s anymore? How about guns? Guess what the Turner diaries are a work of fiction no one is coming to take them away. My mate who made high end sniper rifles loved Obama each time he was elected they sold more guns.

If Trump wins, I think it is possible. If he seriously tries to deport the millions of people he has said he would, it doesn't seem a big leap to imagine the deportation squads eventually meeting armed resistance and then things spiraling out of control.

If Trump loses and starts claiming the election was rigged things could go down but I doubt it would escalate too far. Could be ugly though.

There'll probably be a surge in militia membership and even a few crazies shooting at federal buildings or whatever, but an actual civil war doesn't seem any more likely than the UK splitting into Brexitland and the United Kingdom of Scotland, London, Northern Ireland, Liverpool, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, and Brighton.

If Trump wins, I think it is possible. If he seriously tries to deport the millions of people he has said he would, it doesn't seem a big leap to imagine the deportation squads eventually meeting armed resistance and then things spiraling out of control.

This was a properly scary post, much more easily imaginable that the frustrated trumpers start a war idea.

Trump loses and he becomes a footnote overnight. Unless he breaks from the Republicans and forms a new party to harness anti-government feeling.

But on the whole his thoroughly exposed personality means that he is a spent force.

Win and it's a whole new ball game.

After the Bundys seizing a federal building with your like minded mates from Y'all quaedia is likey to end with a mass mailing of dildos and lube while the FBI laugh at you.

This was a properly scary post, much more easily imaginable that the frustrated trumpers start a war idea.
Except that he won't seriously try to deport millions of people, just as he won't get Mexico to pay to build a wall and he won't start a religion test at border control. Whatever idiocy a Trump presidency might entail, it won't include many, or even most, of the things he has been saying.

There are parallels with brexit, I think. Many false promises and scare stories from both sides, a generally dismal level of debate, parts of the electorate keen to give the establishment a kicking by voting against whatever represents the status quo, and, if Trump wins, no doubt an escalation of violence from people who will fell empowered by his victory.

A Trump victory will lead to ugliness and no doubt deaths. A Trump defeat, I think, will change little - the problems that made Trump possible in the first place will still be there, the discontent will still be there, but the sense of empowerment won't.

Except that he won't seriously try to deport millions of people, just as he won't get Mexico to pay to build a wall and he won't start a religion test at border control. Whatever idiocy a Trump presidency might entail, it won't include many, or even most, of the things he has been saying.

There are parallels with brexit, I think. Many false promises and scare stories from both sides, a generally dismal level of debate, parts of the electorate keen to give the establishment a kicking by voting against whatever represents the status quo, and, if Trump wins, no doubt an escalation of violence from people who will fell empowered by his victory.

A Trump victory will lead to ugliness and no doubt deaths. A Trump defeat, I think, will change little - the problems that made Trump possible in the first place will still be there, the discontent will still be there, but the sense of empowerment won't.

A wall would be quite easy to build - most of the border states already have measures along those lines anyway, and there is enough political support for it to pass - and he could make Mexicans (albeit not "Mexico") pay for it by taxing remittances. Deporting millions of people is almost certainly beyond the powers he would have in event of him becoming President, though.

Also FWIW the religion test is already in effect - for all the entirely correct criticism of him for calling for all Muslims to be banned, there was less mention made of the fact that somewhere north of 90% of the world's Muslims wouldn't get into the US anyway under the current system.

A Trump victory would probably result in a week or two of hysteria, then everyone would settle down and realize that Congress could overturn his veto on everything and he was actually the weakest President ever elected.

I don't think that there is going to be much civil unrest following Clinton's victory, at least not too much more in what is already an incredibly violent country by the standards of most of the world. What I fear is going to happen is that Clinton is going to quicken the pace of the current trajectory of American politics, working-class people are going to be worse and worse off and then someone with Trump's politics but without his short attention span or history of sexual assault is going to run against Clinton and they will win.

Then again what do I know. I thought Labour would form a majority government in 2015, I didn't think that Brexit would happen and I certainly didn't think that Trump would win the nomination.

I do have to wonder about this unrest though, where exactly would it come from? Outside of his supporters in the police who will continue to behave as normal, most of Trump's most ardent supporters are more wealthy than average, older than average men with no real experience of either organised or spontaneous violence. This isn't a post-WW1 scenario where millions of impoverished men with combat experience and little to lose are camped out in Hoovervilles. That sort of poverty very much exists in America, but the people suffering from it are not Trump's base.

I can only really imagine that there will be a handful of individual terrorist attacks and that's a worst case scenario.

Inaccurate OP - that's Civil War 3 - the revolto-twat violence in75/76 WAS a civil war whatever yankee liars/pseudo historians say

Back
Top Bottom