Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Orphan Black, Borgen, Spiral, The Good Wife, The Good Fight, The Breakfast Show
I'm looking for something good to watch. Which of your list that I haven't seen would you recommend first? Not sure about Orphan Black though as I don't generally like sci fi.

I remember it used to be easy, I had handbrake on my Mac mini, it's how I got all my content. Lovey. I can't remember what happened, but (many years ago) it suddenly stopped being super easy.
It's still easy. Torrentquest dot com is my go to site and Piratebay proxy if that fails. Use transmission torrent client with blocklist enabled. No need to use Tor.

Cruel Summer. A crime/drama/mystery series. What’s novel and interesting about it is how it is narrated: each episode shows the events the main characters experienced on the same given day of the year, over a three year period (say the 20th of June in 1993, 1994 and 1995). On episode 4 and rather enjoying it.

For a couple of quid Wajib is worth the time. The film follows a Palestinian son and father driving around Nazareth attempting to organise a wedding.

The man in the high castle is good.

Philip K Dick's bizarre view on what might have happened if the Nazis won the war.

Afaik, without giving away any spoilers, it's very different from the book. But yes, it's enjoyable and bizarre and Rufus Sewell is clearly enjoying himself.

Afaik, without giving away any spoilers, it's very different from the book. But yes, it's enjoyable and bizarre and Rufus Sewell is clearly enjoying himself.

I've never read the book. But one good thing about Prime is that if you move the mouse it pops up with a bit of running commentary as to wtf is going on. It seems to reference the book a lot. I think it's a bit closer to his book than Blade Runner was.

And yes Rufus Sewell. I've got a bit of a man crush on him after this, the SS uniform is quite fetching.

Another endorsement for The Boys, Elpenor . It is really fucking good. And if you don’t like superhero stuff, definitely don’t let that put you off because this is actually an anti superhero series. Funny as fuck, great action, one-liners, and an engaging story with drama and twists for good measure.

Can’t remember which season or episode, but watch out for the ‘God is a cunt’ short monologue. Priceless.

I watched a cheesy disaster movie, Meteor Storm, then started watching Ice, a two-part climate change disaster movie/very short series. I don't know if it's just me but the acting is very hammy/dire, the wife and daughter are particularly wooden and others are dialling it in too. Still watching to the end though, because [Magnus Magnusson]I've started so I'll finish.[\Magnus Magnusson]

Another endorsement for The Boys, Elpenor . It is really fucking good. And if you don’t like superhero stuff, definitely don’t let that put you off because this is actually an anti superhero series. Funny as fuck, great action, one-liners, and an engaging story with drama and twists for good measure.

Can’t remember which season or episode, but watch out for the ‘God is a cunt’ short monologue. Priceless.

I hate super hero films too. But this was good. The lead guy (Karl urban) is terrific, his dodgy American accent even funnier. Was he hamming that up?

I’ve mainly been watching films on Prime this week as I’ve not got the patience for a series. But the noise saying watch the Boys is loud enough for me to listen and will watch it next week despite thinking superhero stuff is for kids

I’ve mainly been watching films on Prime this week as I’ve not got the patience for a series. But the noise saying watch the Boys is loud enough for me to listen and will watch it next week despite thinking superhero stuff is for kids
It's definitely not for young kids. The death and gore is done with some sense of humor though. I really enjoyed it.

Oh, this is not for kids :D Apart from the violence, the are more instances of cunt and fuck than at a Tourette’s convention.

Back
Top Bottom