Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Well, with heartfelt apologies to Orang Utan and others, I decided to sell my soul to the devil and check out Clarkson’s Farm. A couple of episodes in, I must admit it is very watchable and rather entertaining, and more importantly you can enjoy this whilst still thinking Clarkson’s a cunt.
I finished it today, and although Clarkson is a cock, it gives a rather sympathetic view of British farming, highlighting problems with weather, farm-gate prices, and the almost endless redtape.
Plus the farm accountant thinks most things he tries is stupid and farmhand, Kaleb tells him he a fucking idiot to his face quite often.

I finished it today, and although Clarkson is a cock, it gives a rather sympathetic view of British farming, highlighting problems with weather, farm-gate prices, and the almost endless redtape.
Plus the farm accountant thinks most things he tries is stupid and farmhand, Kaleb tells him he a fucking idiot to his face quite often.
Yes, just from the first episode, it became obvious what tight margins farmers work with, and how the perfectly likely event of two solid weeks of rain at the wrong time can lose a farmer tens of thousands of Pounds.

Yes, just from the first episode, it became obvious what tight margins farmers work with, and how the perfectly likely event of two solid weeks of rain at the wrong time can lose a farmer tens of thousands of Pounds.
I wont spoil it, but on the last episode they give the figure the farm made in the year.

Last edited:
Could you spoil it in a spoiler tag? I'm intrigued but unlikely to watch. (Please)
OK:

£144. That's it 40p a day. As Clarkson said, other farmers don't have a film crew and Who Wants to be a Millionaire income to fall back on. He seemed genuinely shocked after the effort he put in

That amount will have taken into account the purchase of all the equipment in the first year, including that ridiculous tractor which must have cost an absolute fortune.

I am absolutely rubbish at torrenting - I got my lass to send them all to me instead :D She's good at it :D
I remember it used to be easy, I had handbrake on my Mac mini, it's how I got all my content. Lovey. I can't remember what happened, but (many years ago) it suddenly stopped being super easy.

Now you need to use Tor browser, you need to search for a Pirate Bay proxy, you need to copy the magnet link from the proxy site and then you need to open that link in BiTorrent. I find that doing anything else but that sequence brings up some kind of obstruction.

I'm not great with technology, but I don't find torrenting too challenging. My torrent klient is Vuze and I use the RARBG or Limetorrent proxies. I double klick on the torrent I want, then a window opens which lets me load the torrent and that's pretty much it. You may have to fiddle with the settings if you have a preference for folders or harddrives and the only pain is pop ups. I also use a good VPN because here in Germany torrenting is totally verboten.

OK:

£144. That's it 40p a day. As Clarkson said, other farmers don't have a film crew and Who Wants to be a Millionaire income to fall back on. He seemed genuinely shocked after the effort he put in
But he does also explicitly say that that amount excludes subsidy payments, which would be significant. So I don't feel that bad for them.

I still loved the series though.

I've just signed up for an Amazon 30 day free-trial, so that I could watch sewing competition show Making the Cut.

What else should I binge watch over the next 30 days? I'm particularly interested in anything French and/or anything to do with zombies. I also like good political and/or legal dramas. In recent years, I've liked things like Killing Eve, Orphan Black, Borgen, Spiral, The Good Wife, The Good Fight, Succession, The Breakfast Show, Call My Agent. Actually, looking at that list, I like series with strong female leads.

And I like crafty type competition shows, sewing, pottery, jewellery, glass-making, etc.

Any decent movies?

Thanks.

It definitely got some good reviews, so I'll accept I'm a cynical bastard out of step with the zeitgeist. Just disappointed to see an actor who I previously had respect for producing a performance like that.

It's an interesting concept, just terribly executed (IMHO).

I'd like to see the reverse done. Seeing Mike Bassett sent over to manage the Yankees, now that would be good.

I think it probably helped that I binged the first series in a day, as the story and characters develop really well over the whole thing.

I think it probably helped that I binged the first series in a day, as the story and characters develop really well over the whole thing.

It's definitely a binge job. I'm giving S2 a few weeks because they're releasing new episodes every Friday. Fuck watching it like that so I'll wait until they're all available. I think they're up to 5 or 6 now.

Number 3 came out last night.

I saw the first 2 last week, and the 3rd this morning and think I might leave it a few weeks for the rest, although there is quite a good sub plot emerging.

Back
Top Bottom