Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

So american horror story = good, american horror stories = don't bother?
Where are these streaming?

American Horror Story (for us) is streaming on Disney plus (at least, in Japan) as is the spin-off. Which haven't seen yet. Have seen the first 8 seasons, of the parent show, season 4 was my least favourite although Jessie Lange is magnificent as always.

Just be warned, these are a different kettle of fish compared to Them or the Mike Flanagan shows.

What are the Mike Flanagan shows?

Mike Flanagan (born May 20, 1978) is an American filmmaker, best known for his horror work. Flanagan wrote, directed, produced, and edited the horror films Absentia (2011), Oculus (2013), Hush, Before I Wake, Ouija: Origin of Evil (all 2016), Gerald's Game (2017), and Doctor Sleep (2019). He created, wrote, produced, and served as showrunner on the Netflix horror series The Haunting of Hill House (2018), The Haunting of Bly Manor (2020), Midnight Mass (2021), The Midnight Club (2022), and The Fall of the House of Usher (2023), also directing and editing some episodes of each.

(from wiki)

Of that lot I think I have have only seen doctor sleep.
I think Midnight Mass was once in my 'to view' list though.
I thought Midnight Mass was brilliant myself. Comparisons with Haunting at Hill
House found online often are skewed, as they are quite different in tone and even subject.

I thought Midnight Mass was brilliant myself. Comparisons with Haunting at Hill
House found online often are skewed, as they are quite different in tone and even subject.
I don't know if it left netflix before I got a chance to see it or I took it off my list. Sounds like something decent enough to watch while washing up.

Just finished 'Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man'. Crivens, not too everyone's taste obviously but what a songwriter/poet and a totally astonishing performance by Anthony, of whom I'd heard but had never heard perform. There's a Rufus chap who can warble as well !

Having just caught up with season 3 of The Legend of Vox Machina it started slow but the most recent episodes are genuinely very good - they've really done well pulling together the odd threads of a D&D campaign into a TV narrative.

Reactions: Chz
Just finished 'Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man'. Crivens, not too everyone's taste obviously but what a songwriter/poet and a totally astonishing performance by Anthony, of whom I'd heard but had never heard perform. There's a Rufus chap who can warble as well !
Ooo thanks, will stick that on the list!

Reactions: izz
Back
Top Bottom