Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Torrenting is not exactly that inconvenient. A 1080 film takes about 10 minutes to download. And it's all there. I know, I'm stealing... but cost of livin and all that
I agree , it isnt , but you don't get the ease and choice that an IPTV and vod set up has. There are problems with IPTV ie too many cowboys, takedowns and picture quality but its cheap and widely available. As soon as one goes down another appears.

I agree , it isnt , but you don't get the ease and choice that an IPTV and vod set up has. There are problems with IPTV ie too many cowboys, takedowns and picture quality but its cheap and widely available. As soon as one goes down another appears.

I can literally tap in any movie/boxset whatever into torrentquest and be watching it in half an hour max. At perfect quality. Dunno why you'd mess around with something like IPTV.

I can literally tap in any movie/boxset whatever into torrentquest and be watching it in half an hour max. At perfect quality. Dunno why you'd mess around with something like IPTV.
Good for you. I actually said that I prefer torrents because of the picture quality and that direct logins ( cheaper in other countries/use VPN ) or a logins club are far better than IPTV .

I’ve got a big library of torrents but I’d much rather just have the streaming service. Watching torrents on the telly requires me to also have a computer on that is running a Plex server (or equivalent), quite possibly with a NAS drive set up to cope with the extra data needs. And then I have to curate the Plex database. I did it for a while but in the end, I’d rather just pay for Netflix.

I’m not sure I’ve found anything worth watching on Netflix for quite a few months now. The last thing we binged was on Apple, before that it was Paramount, and before that Now TV.

I would pay anything for Netflix to be what it was five years ago.

Do I need a VPN to use Torrentquest? I really don't know how any of these things work.
Will I be besieged by pop ups?
There's loads I want to watch but not on netflix or Amazon which are both shit and all I have.

Fuck them. I will probably keep Prime. But if this is the direction of travel, I will reinvestigate torrenting and simply steal ad-free television. Happy to pay for a couple of streaming services but things are just too fragmented now, the value is eroding and advertisements are the last straw.
Yeah they've fucked it for themselves by being greedy. As usual.

There's a convenience vs cost thing here and paying for Amazon, Netflix, paramount, Disney, Sky, BBC is unsustainable.

And the fucking cheek of Amazon, a company which made over $200 billion profit last year asking for an extra $2.99 a month so they can "afford to invest" in new programming is laughable bollocks.

Do I need a VPN to use Torrentquest? I really don't know how any of these things work.
There's loads I want to watch but not on netflix or Amazon which are both shit and all I have.
No, you don't but I do recommend using the torrent client Transmission and then downloading a blocklist for it, though that website does, in fact recommend using a VPN

I’ve got a big library of torrents but I’d much rather just have the streaming service. Watching torrents on the telly requires me to also have a computer on that is running a Plex server (or equivalent), quite possibly with a NAS drive set up to cope with the extra data needs. And then I have to curate the Plex database. I did it for a while but in the end, I’d rather just pay for Netflix.

I went that way for a while, except there's loads of streaming services now, so I found myself using torrents more and more, as I'm not paying for all of them. Once I was doing that and maintaining Plex, there didn't seem to be much point in having Netflix anymore, especially as the 4k service isn't that cheap.

I've still got Prime, but that's for the delivery.

Prime Video is turning into petrol station straight to dvd type films and shows.

It’s been impossible to find anything for years, half the films don’t belong in the right category and the UI is bollocks

They updated the app a while ago to remove the “free for you” filter and my usage absolutely flatlined and I really should just scrap it

Nah, you wont get popups. It's basically a three step process - go to a torrent site like torrentquest or piratebay, find the torrent (click on 'SE' at the top, which stands for seeders - the more seeders, the faster the download will be). Click on the little magnet link, which will fire up Transmission (which you'll need to download) and bobs ya uncle. Oh and then yeh, VLC to actually watch it all. It's very easy.

I do feel a little guilty sometimes. But only a little.

edit: oh and no need for a VPN unless you're super paranoid. ive been torrenting for something like 15 years and never had any grief.

Can be useful to run a DLNA server to stream to the telly, or if you have a streaming stick that will run Kodi (I use a Chromecast) do it that way. (I find Plex a massive pain; I don't get the popularity)

I've also been a massive pirate for most of my life and never had trouble. It's mainly a case of don't click on obviously dodgy things, don't get things the day they come out, and be a leech - which is close your torrents once they're done. I realise the last one is a breach of etiquette in the community, bit I've been around long enough to do what the fuck I like.

Have only just discovered Marvellous Mrs. Maisel and there are 5 seasons but only have about 3 weeks to watch it... :oops:. (don't want to renew past this month)

Polite Society is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it.

It's £3.99 but available for free if you have Sky.

Not 'normally' no, although sometimes they do, it can be very hit and miss.

That's the sticking point for me if I want to watch non-English language content.

One of the reasons I subscribed to Prime was to watch The Bureau, which is a French series.
Brilliant show.

“I’ve got people queuing up to work in this Bureau de Change!”

The French remake with all the spy stuff was okay too.

Back
Top Bottom