Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

Invincible S02e03
OMG, Peter Cullen guest stars! Squeeeeeeee!
(He did not say "roll out" at any time)

Got a free month trial and have been looking for stuff on Prime to watch. I found "Mozart in the Jungle" ( Mozart in the Jungle (TV Series 2014–2018) ⭐ 8.1 | Comedy, Drama, Music ) - can't find it recommended it here, but I absolutely LOVE IT! (Well, I loved season one and now enjoying season 2).

2014-2018 Drama-Comedy about behind the scenes at the NY Symphony, based on a book - with Gael Garcia Bernal as Maestro and Lola Kirke as Oboe player/assistant. There's stuff about unions, breaks, injuries and all the mundane stuff of life but done with flair and (light) comedy.

Upload got recommended to me as the NUMBER 1 PRIME COMEDY, I enjoyed the first episode, so will carry on with that, but I see it's been talked about a lot already in here. However I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as Mozart in the Jungle, purely because of the calibre of the cast in it.

I watched most of Three Thousand Years Of Longing yesterday.

I dunno, I mean it might have been tailored for me - a fantasy romance and it has both Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton in it, who are both great.
But they seemed to be in entirely different films. I never felt a connection between the two, which is fine most of the time when it's just historical flashbacks, but in the end makes the whole plot a bit pointless.

They didn't even feel like they were in similar films - Idris was the genie in some sort of fantasy adventure, and Tilda was the protagonist in some sort of careful character-based human drama.

For those with kids (or without) Merry Little Batman is a very enjoyable animation film. It’s fun without being cheesy, grownup-friendly, and the drawing style is very appealing- almost Quentin Blake-like.

I seem to remember really enjoying Reacher season 1 but season 2 is a bit meh so far.
Anyway onto Fargo s.5
I'm just watching Reacher at the moment, similar reasons, vague recollection of the first season being okay, now watching after a stressful day at work, needing a bit of brain bleach to get rid of the stress, but not able to watch any French stuff because that requires too much concentration.

I was just looking at Amazon Prime and they are pimping that heavily but I don't see why I would watch it.

Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick (Barry Keoghan) finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton (Jacob Elordi), who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten.

(shrugs) and...?

vague hinting that something might be good does not actually work any more, if it ever did

I watched most of Three Thousand Years Of Longing yesterday.

I dunno, I mean it might have been tailored for me - a fantasy romance and it has both Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton in it, who are both great.
But they seemed to be in entirely different films. I never felt a connection between the two, which is fine most of the time when it's just historical flashbacks, but in the end makes the whole plot a bit pointless.

They didn't even feel like they were in similar films - Idris was the genie in some sort of fantasy adventure, and Tilda was the protagonist in some sort of careful character-based human drama.

It’s a lovely film but it doesn’t seem to quite work.

I think it’s Tilda wishing for the genies love that doesn’t quite work, it feels a bit forced and it only really backfires for the genie.

Just watched this. Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation.

Watched the film 'Mad to be Normal' - about R D Laing and Kingsley Hall. I enjoyed it... without knowing much about it all. Thought David Tennant was great as Laing.

It’s a lovely film but it doesn’t seem to quite work.

I think it’s Tilda wishing for the genies love that doesn’t quite work, it feels a bit forced and it only really backfires for the genie.

I'd give it about 1 star. It was pretty bad. The casting director needs an oscar for talking those two into doing it.

Fuck them. I will probably keep Prime. But if this is the direction of travel, I will reinvestigate torrenting and simply steal ad-free television. Happy to pay for a couple of streaming services but things are just too fragmented now, the value is eroding and advertisements are the last straw.

Prime video is shit. I only use my membership for one day delivery really. If they do ever get anything half decent looking on there you can just torrent it. In fact why bother with any streaming service at all. It's all out there, for free.

It's more convenient however, the quality of torrents are better than most IPTV vod tbh . Direct logins ( cheaper in other countries/use VPN )or a logins club are far better than IPTV .

Torrenting is not exactly that inconvenient. A 1080 film takes about 10 minutes to download. And it's all there. I know, I'm stealing... but cost of livin and all that

Back
Top Bottom