Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Amazon Prime streaming video recommendations thread

I didn’t finish the first. I lost interest, and I found the actual stand up routines unfunny and tedious.

I didn’t find Midge‘s routines very funny either but I think the series is more about everything and everybody else around her. And Rose. Oh my god, the glorious Rose (I have a girl crush on her). And Suze. And M-I-L Maisel. And the clothes.

I didn’t find Midge‘s routines very funny either but I think the series is more about everything and everybody else around her. And Rose. Oh my god, the glorious Rose (I have a girl crush on her). And Suze. And M-I-L Maisel. And the clothes.
Suzie and Abe just steal the show, imho. The actual stand up is hit and miss, but as you say there's more to the series than that.

I thought it was a lot sillier than Talented Mr Ripley . I could have completely missed the tone of the film but I didn't get the impression it took itself seriously. If it did, it missed, by a lot.

Just found this on Prime. The episodes vary in quality, but the good ones are creepy as fuck. It's kinda like Creepshow - its not all sci fi which i expected.
View attachment 407763

oh, and even though it says ads, i can't remember there having been any ads and i've watched the whole of season 1 so far.
OMFG! Thank you! Ray B is one of my all-time favourite writers, I proper worship him, he was a visionary and a creative genius. I just added all of these to my watchlist, thanks again!

Should be:

I'm a Virgo.

An unusual surreal heartfelt swipe at the evils of capitalism, disguised as a fantastic tale.

Not seen anything else like it.

It’s sounded great but for whatever reason I decided it was “ gimmicky “ . Took the plunge last night. It’s groundbreaking

Continuing my Alice Lowe season I watched Black Mountain Poets which was very funny and entertaining as well as being a beautiful depiction of what it means to be sisters. I have such sisters so this was specifically touching for me.

Just watched Saltburn - looks beautiful, good performances, dark and quirky - watchable, interesting - but cold, cynical and kind of less than the sum of its parts. Pace was jarring I thought as well - first 3/4 slowly unfolds than it kind of runs off somehwere else for the last 20 minutes.

Couple of episodes in to Mr and Mrs Smith. I'm always going to give something with Donald Glover a go after Atlanta this is a very twisty reboot and very different to the Pitt Jolie film, enjoying so far.
Just finished it. It’s a strange beast. It takes a bit to sink in that the tone of this couldn’t be more different to the film’s. It is basically a 90% drama/ dark comedy about relationships and trust- 10% spy action thriller. Pretty much the reverse of the film.

Once you get past that it’s decent. Decisevely flawed in places, and sometimes it feels like its writers couldn’t decide on what tone and theme this wants to head towards, but it finds its feet at the halfway mark.

I'm hoovering up plenty of old Xena: Warrior Princess episodes. The regular 90s music compilations are good too.

I signed up to prime at Christmas by accident doing the shipping on an Amazon parcel.

I don't want it.

Can anyone advise me how to cancel it?

Bottoms is pretty good. Kind of
Derry Girls meet Fight Club.

I was thinking of going to the cinema with my daughter to see that (half term). Seems like a bit of a waste if I can just watch it on Prime.
I don't really want to have to go and see wonka though.

I signed up to prime at Christmas by accident doing the shipping on an Amazon parcel.

I don't want it.

Can anyone advise me how to cancel it?
Contact their customer services via the item you ordered. Type in that you want to text chat with a real person. Tell them you were hoodwinked into getting a prime subscription. They will give you your money back. They know they have all these buttons making it look like it's the free option.
That is if you have not used the streaming service yet. . . .

You can also just cancel it yourself, but you will have paid for the months it has been active.

I got all excited and sat down to binge watch it last night...... the logo thingy was there for the full series but said it wasn't available :(

Back
Top Bottom