Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thread for posting memes and pisstakes of the current government, and the end of the world

must admit seeming as it the biggest news story of the last 2 days

asking people not to post memes is a little harsh but lets get the thread going

:D

zgcgji9uiam91.jpg

Yep, a little harsh to crack down on jokes when Liz Truss becoming prime minister is incontrovertible evidence that the country's a fucking joke.

It‘s not the jokes that was pissing everyone off, it was the insistent intrusive repetitive interruption of the ongoing discussion that was the problem. It was getting in the way and stifling the thread.

Also, most of the stuff that was pissing people off was twitter reposts with no comment, and it was really obvious that people posting the comedy memes were not reading the thread, while the people, reading the thread were annoyed at the interruptions.

There are jokes and piss-taking on there but it’s part of the conversation. It was like sitting at a pub table and trying to have a conversation with some twat repeatedly nudging me in the arm going “Eh? Eh? That’s a fucking laugh innit eh. I said THAT’S A FUCKING LAUGH INNIT. Eh? Eh?” It was adding nothing, demanding attention, and getting in the way of the conversarion.

Other serious topics have dedicated comedy threads so why not this.

Similarly, no doubt this thread will also engender some more serious discussion.

It‘s not the jokes that was pissing everyone off, it was the insistent intrusive repetitive interruption of the ongoing discussion that was the problem. It was getting in the way and stifling the thread.

Also, most of the stuff that was pissing people off was twitter reposts with no comment, and it was really obvious that people posting the comedy memes were not reading the thread, while the people, reading the thread were annoyed at the interruptions.

There are jokes and piss-taking on there but it’s part of the conversation. It was like sitting at a pub table and trying to have a conversation with some twat repeatedly nudging me in the arm going “Eh? Eh? That’s a fucking laugh innit eh. I said THAT’S A FUCKING LAUGH INNIT. Eh? Eh?” It was adding nothing, demanding attention, and getting in the way of the conversarion.

Other serious topics have dedicated comedy threads so why not this.

Similarly, no doubt this thread will also engender some more serious discussion.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to start a serious conversation on the joke thread.

By the way…

If anyone wants me to change the thread title to something less shit just let me know. Give suggestions though cos this was the best I could come up with.

This isn't the place for it. Go back to your thread. I come here to get away from the policing.

ah surely we more open minded that pisstake and mirth can include the occasional serious bit

even if its just shouting at each other over minor things,, joys of a less serious business outlook

If Eustace has been sacked as Environment Secretary will we have a climate change denier? Or none at all?

Possibly head of a company that pumps shit into rivers.

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^
foreign sec appears to be quite familiar with group as well..

also think the mini wage is nonsense

Back
Top Bottom