Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

Having just returned from Morrison's in Camberwell. I can report on the scale of the Brexit catastrophe:

Wild rocket - down to 59p from 99p, with 4 trays also stacked on the floor
Mixed salad - down from £1.29p to 99p
Vine-ripened toms, down from £1.29p to 79p

etc, etc. More fruit and veg discounted than not.

I would encourage those local people not yet gone to the south American jungle to take advantage of the larger discounts available locally on fruit and veg.

Ah yes, this was a rich period for Goldie. He went really experimental, way more than he did on Saturnz Return. It was a step too far for many junglists but the way he fused Brazilian samba with the Amen on 'Rocket to the Floor part 3' was truly sublime.

How quickly did our lives start to be improved by joining the EEC (CM or whatever)? I'd be tempted to give it at least that long before I expect life for all to improve via Brexit.

(There was a point to this, which I just posted accidentally because unposted text gets saved, annoyingly. But it's pages ago now so never mind)

Last edited:
How quickly did our lives start to be improved by joining the EEC (CM or whatever)? I'd be tempted to give it at least that long before I expect life for all to improve via Brexit.

(There was a point to this, which I just posted accidentally because unposted text gets saved, annoyingly. But it's pages ago now so never mind)
They did n't get rid of it's a knockout til 2001

The truth?

Almost no one cares about NI outside of NI. Some might pay lip-service, most just don't care. And what's more, the birth rate of the respective groups means a referendum is only a matter of time, and a united Ireland is only a matter of time. It's literally the definitive 'whatever' issue, treated as important by the empty shelf photographers cos they don't have much else. Literally they're reduced to moaning about a bus slogan at a referendum and 2 general elections ago, and putting up doctored photos. Oh, and won't someone think of NI. LOL. Fuck off.

so much for the brexit being about British sovereignty

:D

with logic like that they should just break up the union and be done with it

"Goods in the Ever Given's 18,000 total containers have an estimated value of $775m, but many of them will hold fruit and vegetables which will have to be destroyed, having passed their use-by date." Possibly the same journo. Must be shy
I'm a bit sceptical about the idea that fruit and vegetables are routinely transported around the world in containers on ships, TBH

Given it's the BBC, most of the staff are in Italy or France for the month. Could easily be a summer intern, supervised by a freelancer.

I'm a bit sceptical about the idea that fruit and vegetables are routinely transported around the world in containers on ships, TBH
you put them on planes as well :)

also the have designed packaging to stop the fruit from riping before final delivery when shipping by sea

seriously? how do you think we get our fruit and veg from faraway lands?
Personally, I don't get my fruit and veg from faraway lands.

I either grow it myself or buy seasonally appropriate stuff which has been grown in Britain or, at a push, elsewhere in Europe.

As I understand it, perishable goods like fresh fruit and vegetables are generally transported by air, because spending weeks in a container would lead to them routinely being rotten on arrival.

Having just returned from Morrison's in Camberwell. I can report on the scale of the Brexit catastrophe:

Wild rocket - down to 59p from 99p, with 4 trays also stacked on the floor
Mixed salad - down from £1.29p to 99p
Vine-ripened toms, down from £1.29p to 79p

etc, etc. More fruit and veg discounted than not.

I would encourage those local people not yet gone to the south American jungle to take advantage of the larger discounts available locally on fruit and veg.
Yeah it's going brilliantly, all round.

I'm still waiting for you to list al the the wonderful benefits that Brexit has brought to the touring music industry, in particular to the smaller bands who are now unable to make money in Europe.

I either grow it myself or buy seasonally appropriate stuff which has been grown in Britain or, at a push, elsewhere in Europe.

As I understand it, perishable goods like fresh fruit and vegetables are generally transported by air, because spending weeks in a container would lead to them routinely being rotten on arrival.
That’s nice. You are mistaken about the airplanes though.

Depends on the crop. Bananas they ripen on the boat, potatoes just keep dark, ..

That’s nice. You are mistaken about the airplanes though.
So do you have any figures for the amount of fresh fruit and veg shipped around the world (rather than eg from one part of Europe to another), because, as I said, I imagine that it's not something which actually happens that much.

Yeah it's going brilliantly, all round.

I'm still waiting for you to list al the the wonderful benefits that Brexit has brought to the touring music 8ndustry, in particular to the smaller bands who are now unable to make money in Europe.

Here's a clue, in the era of the Internet and self-promo, they are "small" for a reason. Meanwhile, four and a half thousand more jobs announced this week for creatives >>>>

So do you have any figures for the amount of fresh fruit and veg shipped around the world (rather than eg from one part of Europe to another), because, as I said, I imagine that it's not something which actually happens that much.
I’m in a crap internet place now I might try to assist you later.

Back
Top Bottom