Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

People in hospitality now earn a bit more but still less than hospitality workers working in countries that remain in the EU. Woo hoo.

Any wage rises in low income jobs are always met with benefits cuts further down the line. In many cases this leaves workers worse off than if the pay rise hadn't happened in the first place.
Given the fact that hospitality across Europe and the UK is at best minimum wage industry, ( and very often poorly regulated and open to cash in hand and no contracts) and given the fact that the Portuguese minimum wage is half of that in the UK I very much doubt that.

One way to stop empty shelves.

232191366_10157787705491986_803431045176886186_n.jpg

Supermarkets moving or rearranging aisles during the night to cover up shortages, staff being briefed ( with the threat of dismissal) not to mention Brexit and the Category D notice issued to the BBC not to mention Brexit and shortages in the same sentence are very worrying developments.
I have never heard of a category d notice. I suppose this is just a d notice to cover something up.

Given the fact that hospitality across Europe and the UK is at best minimum wage industry, ( and very often poorly regulated and open to cash in hand and no contracts) and given the fact that the Portuguese minimum wage is half of that in the UK I very much doubt that.
I was talking about wage increases rather than actual pay. You might doubt it and you might back that doubt up by mentioning Portugal but it would be interesting to see data on it.

Your post 4889, pre- and post-edit, where you made the claim about higher hw pay in the EU, contains and contained no link. While I quoted your later article my post obvs a comment on 4889. And only a turd edits a post to change it completely after it's been quoted
Nah fuck you, dick head. I posted that link ages ago. It's not my fault you spend so much time staring at a screen you've now gone bonk eyed and can't see what's right in front of your face. No wonder you're the most ignored poster on here.

The hospitality industry across Europe is seeing massive shortfalls of workers as things open up a little more - a lot of people changed jobs during the pandemic and workers say it will take big changes to the industry's notoriously shit wages and conditions for them to return, while business groups etc. argue that COVID-era benefits need to be cut a lot more aggressively. AFAIK only one country is arguing that it shows the success of anti-immigration policies.

The truth?

Almost no one cares about NI outside of NI. Some might pay lip-service, most just don't care. And what's more, the birth rate of the respective groups means a referendum is only a matter of time, and a united Ireland is only a matter of time. It's literally the definitive 'whatever' issue, treated as important by the empty shelf photographers cos they don't have much else. Literally they're reduced to moaning about a bus slogan at a referendum and 2 general elections ago, and putting up doctored photos. Oh, and won't someone think of NI. LOL. Fuck off.

see data on what?
The actual pay rates. I'm not arguing they're not shit I'm arguing against the idea that brexit and brexit alone has produced better pay and conditions for workers. Particularly when better pay rises exist for countries that I've apparently made up and didn't even mention.

The truth?

Almost no one cares about NI outside of NI. Some might pay lip-service, most just don't care. And what's more, the birth rate of the respective groups means a referendum is only a matter of time, and a united Ireland is only a matter of time. It's literally the definitive 'whatever' issue, treated as important by the empty shelf photographers cos they don't have much else. Literally they're reduced to moaning about a bus slogan at a referendum and 2 general elections ago, and putting up doctored photos. Oh, and won't someone think of NI. LOL. Fuck off.
Oh thank god you're here again.

The actual pay rates. I'm not arguing they're not shit I'm arguing against the idea that brexit and brexit alone has produced better pay and conditions for workers. Particularly when better pay rises exist for countries that I've apparently made up and didn't even mention.
I'm sure the Hotel Owner publication which you are familiar with has the data .

Nah fuck you, dick head. I posted that link ages ago. It's not my fault you spend so much time staring at a screen you've now gone bonk eyed and can't see what's right in front of your face. No wonder you're the most ignored poster on here.
your post 4889 made the claim about higher wages for hospitality workers in the eu

your post with the link is where you say you're sorry, you didn't know what you were talking about

my post says your claim about higher wages for hw in eu countries suggested higher wages in romania and bulgaria. as the content of your post quoted talks about higher wages rises rather than higher wages it's obvious to anyone but a fuckwit i'm referring back to where you made the claim about higher wages.

and that post does not now nor did it ever contain a link.

this exchange of posts did not need to happen. you've dragged it out beyond all reasonable endurance. and it's best if it's left to lie now and not be continued further.

Having just returned from Morrison's in Camberwell. I can report on the scale of the Brexit catastrophe:

Wild rocket - down to 59p from 99p, with 4 trays also stacked on the floor
Mixed salad - down from £1.29p to 99p
Vine-ripened toms, down from £1.29p to 79p

etc, etc. More fruit and veg discounted than not.

I would encourage those local people not yet gone to the south American jungle to take advantage of the larger discounts available locally on fruit and veg.

Back
Top Bottom