Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

No squeezy Marmite in Sainsbury's today, that's one of my shoplifting staples and it's just not there for me to pockle :mad:

It's not been manufactured since last year.

peeuI2J.png

Maid's annual day off was it ?

It's not been manufactured since last year.

peeuI2J.png

Maid's annual day off was it ?

I normally chore the glass version (gets all the bread crumbs in for added flavour), but we're packing for a holiday and don't like to pack glass jars of the stuff in with our smalls and shit.

I’ve not been commenting on the food shelf stuff because who knows how much is covid or Brexit related.

I have to say though, our local spar today is seriously short of stock. As in they’ll probably need to shut by tomorrow if they dont get new stock. Honestly, never seen anything like it. I’m going squirrel hunting in the morning.

Warburton’s 2016:
"Brexit is a very good thing to have happened. We are well out of the rotting corpse of Europe”

Warburton's July 2021:
Sorry for the shortage of bread, we don't have enough drivers to deliver bread nationwide, many have gone back to the EU

Did also read that Warburton's used to export a lot of bread to Europe. They were unable to supply it due to Brexit so an Irish bakery has taken over that market.
They had a spell of exporting to Eastern Europe around 2010 I think as it was in the Manchester Evening News and I remember thinking how ironic it was as Manchester had several Polish bakeries. who made fantastic rustic bread. Never seen it here tbh.

Low paid bar staff are everywhere here, I was speaking to Marria who used to work at one of my local bars who said she was paid 3.5 euros an hour when she worked there. All cash in hand no contract, 'perks 'were tips and the Portuguese rarely tip and a free meal. Lots of the cooks are Brazilian turning out fantastic everyday grub on 5 euros an hour. Hotels tend to have staff on contract and pay the minimum wage and there is some trade union presence

Had some wheat crunchies out of a vending machine at work the other week for the first time in a decade. Fucking banging.
The nadir of my impoverished student/doley days saw me use wheat crunchies as a meat substitute to accompany some out-of-date packet biryani rice. This has tarnished them for me a bit tbh.

At the most basic level there is a tipping point, if they have no goods to sell they make no money, therefore they have to spend to get the goods on the shelves.

Fuck ‘em anyway, why do people shop in these places when Aldi and Lidl are so much cheaper and treat their staff better?
Tbh Aldi/Lidl seem to have very few staff, so I suspect they work them quite hard, jumping on and off the tills. Fewer staff/smaller more efficient stores is probably how they make their money. But yes, can’t understand why you’d shop anywhere else other than for the handful of things they don’t have (for me that’s currants, tival hot dogs, chopped frozen spinach, tinned pineapple, have to go to Sainsbury’s for those).

Low paid bar staff are everywhere here, I was speaking to Marria who used to work at one of my local bars who said she was paid 3.5 euros an hour when she worked there. All cash in hand no contract, 'perks 'were tips and the Portuguese rarely tip and a free meal. Lots of the cooks are Brazilian turning out fantastic everyday grub on 5 euros an hour. Hotels tend to have staff on contract and pay the minimum wage and there is some trade union presence

Universally speaking the entire hospitality industry is a fucking cess pool of shit conditions

Tbh Aldi/Lidl seem to have very few staff, so I suspect they work them quite hard, jumping on and off the tills. Fewer staff/smaller more efficient stores is probably how they make their money. But yes, can’t understand why you’d shop anywhere else other than for the handful of things they don’t have (for me that’s currants, tival hot dogs, chopped frozen spinach, tinned pineapple, have to go to Sainsbury’s for those).

Tbf the staff seem happier than Sainsbury’s and Tesco, I like being worked hard, makes the shift go faster.

Did also read that Warburton's used to export a lot of bread to Europe. They were unable to supply it due to Brexit so an Irish bakery has taken over that market.

so you are telling me Europe can get irish bread and i'm stuck with Warburtons

*shakes fist at Brexiteers

:mad:

Project Fear brings news of fresh madness:

On Friday, the supermarkets Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury’s began asking suppliers for extra payments to cover the costs of raising wages for delivery drivers in a desperate move to offset shortages.

But hang on, is it a shortage of drivers - 100K The Guardian keeps reminding us, or a shortage of workers prepared to accept low wages - saying here higher wages would "offset shortages".

Anyway the latter is clearly the wrong thing to do becasue, as the Guardian explains, offering higher wages is a "desperate move".

Project Fear brings news of fresh madness:

But hang on, is it a shortage of drivers - 100K The Guardian keeps reminding us, or a shortage of workers prepared to accept low wages - saying here higher wages would "offset shortages".

Anyway the latter is clearly the wrong thing to do becasue, as the Guardian explains, offering higher wages is a "desperate move".

what the fuck are you trying to say meat?

or is it all the Guardian fault

would like to say you are a busted flush but you had to be promising to start with

the guardian troll is weird

saying that not weird that people trying to defending racist people in football crowds by proclaiming its working class thing

Back
Top Bottom