Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

i do see. But not the ones who own their houses, cos mostly those people who do own their houses THEY VOTED LEAVE .
which is INSANE because if they leave they're going to have to leave their houses behind them :confused: where will they live??

the vote also seems to be linked to higher educational achievement.
as we all know, education is partly a form of indoctrination. so remain voters must be more succesfully dosed with bourgeois neoliberal ideas and thought processes.
I'd think it more likely just a surrogate for the previously discussed employment-status social grades, tbh.
As we all know notions of social mobility via education are mostly guff.

its more complicated than that

people on both side did not recieve a full picture of the consequence and voted regardless

and by consequence, i mean having Boris and his party in change of it

people on both side did not recieve a full picture of the consequence and voted regardless

They weren't fucking paying attention then.

The ref was always a conservative driven civil war.

The great missed chance for a saner more people focused leave was Jeremy having s chance to put his Eurosceptic views forward that first month after leave won. I will resent the labour fuckers who fucked about and jumped him forever.

Yeah, but how would it ever have been possible to receive 'a full picture' of unknown hypothetical futures?

Plenty of (then) Labour voters did vote Leave thinking (rightly?) it would fuck up Cameron and probably hoping/thinking that their party might have regained its former anti-suprastate position and run with the new reality?

Yeah, but how would it ever have been possible to receive 'a full picture' of unknown hypothetical futures?

Plenty of (then) Labour voters did vote Leave thinking (rightly?) it would fuck up Cameron and probably hoping/thinking that their party might have regained its former anti-suprastate position and run with the new reality?
cameron's face that day, it was a bit funny, but anyone who voted leave just to see that face the thrill must have worn off now, 5 years later. i think david cameron is fine, probably doing very expensive after dinner zoom speeches.

You fully supported what?
Do you just mean you're glad the majority's vote got implemented or do you mean that upon reflection you think brexit was a great idea.

When it sank in that the union is in irreversible decline and Ireland would be free of the oppressors, was filled with admiration and gratitude to the electorate.

:D

of course it was the filthy lefties who lead to Brexit and a basic populist government in the UK

When it sank in that the union is in irreversible decline and Ireland would be free of the oppressors, was filled with admiration and gratitude to the electorate.
i see!
by 'fully support brexit' you just mean you are happy that ireland looks more likely to unify ok.

The choice was always a tough one, I've said this from the start.

There were good reasons to vote leave, my argument was I didn't want to be stuck here dealing with the political class we have in charge. Or the likes of Farage and Boris in charge. That didn't work out.

Regardless of which way you voted we have now moved to a post leave world. What remains is dealing with the fallout and pushing past an environment where the cuddly conservatives have an 80 seat majority
We have not moved to a post leave world. We are always leaving and never gone. In a post leave world we'd not be piddling about still about the ni protocol etc

Reactions: Ax^
Plenty of those on low incomes, and on benefits, voted remain. However, none were leaders of the great Remain campaign. More importantly I’ve not met one who has adopted the crank politics of continuity remain. They’ve accepted the result and moved on along with the serious wing of the remain campaign.
:confused: So is there a serious wing of remain,and more rationally rejoin that is being clouded by cranks or serious politics has moved on cos its doneish ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom